[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Littering is one of the most heinous crimes, and here's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1000dollarfineforlitteringsign.jpg (64 KB, 400x301) Image search: [Google]
1000dollarfineforlitteringsign.jpg
64 KB, 400x301
Littering is one of the most heinous crimes, and here's why.

Unlike more severe crimes, it can't be effectively prosecuted. Worse, because it's committed in public and the remnants of the crime are longer-lasting than almost all other crimes, more people will be encouraged to ignore the law, generating more crime (littering or otherwise) in the future. As a sidenote, littering also lowers local property values, to say nothing of the actual environmental impact of plastic and glass bottles, which can last hundreds of thousands of years in the local ecosystem.

What should be the punishment for littering? I think 100 hours of community service cleanup or $1,000 on the first violation is fair.
>>
I've always favored making the litterer eat the litter. If it can't be easily eaten (glass bottle, entire garbage bag full of shit, ten year old washer/drier combo) then it will be ground up finely and can be eaten dry or mixed with water.

I'm really not being sarcastic here. It seems like it'd be a really fucking effective, poetic punishment.
>>
>>1309769
to be enslaved and milked to feed your fellow humans to make up for the harm you did to them. then the rest of us can enjoy assorted cum flavored dairy producted
>>
>>1309782
*products
>>
>>1309782
>>1309787
Yes, that typo was the most disturbing part about that post.
>>
Just pay taxes to put trashcans on streets and give taxbreaks to boyscout families that clean things

If your city is full if black people shitting out their window you are out if luck
>>
File: DSC0304.jpg (820 KB, 2144x1424) Image search: [Google]
DSC0304.jpg
820 KB, 2144x1424
Just do what Singapore does

>First time offenders who throw small items like cigarette butts or candy wrappers are fined $300. Those who throw out bigger items like drink cans or bottles are considered defiant and are required to appear before the court. The punishment usually involves a Corrective Work Order (CWO), where the offenders clean up a specified area while wearing a bright luminous green vest. The CWO was implemented in the hopes of making offenders realize the hardship cleaners have to go through to keep the surroundings clean, and to make them understand just how unsightly litter is. It is also admittedly aimed at publicly shaming the offenders to ensure that they don’t regress to being a litterbug again.
>>
>>1309954

It's mostly for shaming purposes. When you can pay the fine, you're gonna need something harsher.

It has limited effect.

>making people realize the hardships of cleaners when literally no one has any empathy
Naaaah, it's to shame the fucks.
>>
File: 20141125_130821.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20141125_130821.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>1309967
>It has limited effect.
Seems like it works pretty well for them
>>
>>1309970

It only works when your government is no different from a dictatorship and is as harsh as one.

I doubt it'd work as well in the USA.
>>
>>1309970
They also cane in Singapore.
>>
File: can.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
can.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>1309954
>>
>>1309983
>oh I choose not to follow the law knowing the consequences, but do not harm me . only nazis harm people 1!!
>>
>eat a candy bar
>put wrapper in pocket
>accidentally falls out
>captured by security camera
>10 years later screeching edgy enviroautists come to torture you to death for this heinous crime
>>
>>1310029
>be an egotist
>cry when other people infringe on your autism
>>
>>1310032
>I unironically believe anyone who isn't a frothing at the mouth misanthropist is a frothing at the mouth egotist
>I'm not the autist here
>>
Crucifixion.

It's an effective form of punishment.
>>
>>1309769
>it's a "I can post literally anything I want to on /his/ as long as I make it sound intellectual enough because Hiroshima allowed all other humanities on the board too for some fucking reason" thread
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.