[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think gay marriage will be a-okay in Christianity in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: 1466379546404.png (21 KB, 710x259) Image search: [Google]
1466379546404.png
21 KB, 710x259
Do you think gay marriage will be a-okay in Christianity in a couple of hundred years (if Christianity is even still around)?
>>
>>1309263
Some denominations already allow women pastors so from there it's just a slippery slope into degeneracy and devil worship
>>
>In April 2012, the election of a young gay man who was living in a registered same-sex partnership to a pastoral council in Vienna was vetoed by the parish priest. After meeting with the couple, Schönborn reinstated him. He later advised in a homily that priests must apply a pastoral approach that is "neither rigorist nor lax" in counselling Catholics who "don't live according to [God's] master plan".[38]
>>
>>1309263
nah, by then there will be other vices in the world and the "sexual revolution" will be mostly forgotten
>>
File: radical islam.jpg (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
radical islam.jpg
96 KB, 500x500
>>1309263
No. Islam will purge degeneracy in the West and the few remnant masihists will be free from the Great Satan and his LGTB opression.
>>
File: cubhusbandoshowingoff.jpg (101 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
cubhusbandoshowingoff.jpg
101 KB, 1080x1080
>>1309290
>>1309335
>"anything I don't like is degeneracy."

And then Christcucks wonder why gays are increasingly anti-lcerical and anti-religious.
>>
>>1309359
We don't want fags in our religion. We want them, and all who like them to burn in hell.
>>
>>1309359
Regressing out of an orderly society is pretty much the definition of degeneracy
>>
>>1309263
Seems quite likely. Maybe we won't be seeing churches performing gay marriages, but a lot of Christians today are either gay themselves or okay with gay marriage.

>>1309384
How is gay marriage disorderly? Seems like if anything it would result in bringing order to homosexual individuals.
>>
>>1309313
>implying gays won't exist in the future
>>
>>1309384
sounds like you don't understand the difference between social change and regression
>>1309377
Strange opinion from someone who's religion was written by a bunch of goat fuckers
>>
>>1309396
Gay marriage is not marriage at all, it's just mutual masturbation. Gays aren't religious either, they just want to marry in the church to take pretty pictures. if they were regions they would repent of their sin and seek help or at least be celibate.
>>
>>1309551
I hope you realize that your church is already irrelevant and basically an ethnic club, you can cut out the holier-than-thou approach.
>>
>>1309551
>if they were regions they would repent of their sin and seek help or at least be celibate.
Then most straight Christians must not be "real" Christians either. After all, the majority of straight Christians use birth control or at least make efforts to avoid pregnancy, which goes against the Christian purpose for sex.
>>
>>1309571
Christ never taught that sex within wedlock is only for procreation.
>>
>>1309309

Appointments within the church are like any other hierarchical, internally political structure. They boil down to how much an aspirational climber leaves a good impression, regardless of their personal life.
>>
>>1309592
I wan't aware you could even take Communion if you were in a gay union, let alone climb the ladder.
>>
>>1309563
>>1309571
>>/hell/
>>
>>1309577
I was going to say the church does but then I remembered you're Orthodox.
>>
>>1309550

>the "insulting people from the middle east to make a point about blindly hating religion" garbage again

You really don't need to so redundantly show that you're a discriminatory ass. Or retaliate against someone else's homophobic spew with your own ethnically and religiously biased verbal vomit.
>>
>>1309263
hopefully not
>>
>>1309551
>they just want to marry in the church to take pretty pictures

As a homosexual, I can assure you none of us want to take one step inside your 'temples', much less get married in them.

We wanted to be able to be legally married in order to have those benefits which heterosexuals take fro granted but that we only recently obtained. Benefits for spouses, matters of insurance, being able to visit them when they're in the hospital.

You Christcucks are so deluded thinking we would ever want to be where we're not wanted with this blatantly untrue "THE GOVERNMENT WILL FORCE CLERGY TO MARRY HOMOSEXUALS!"

I am extremely grateful religion is rapidly losing its clout in this country.
>>
>>1309667

>The "there are no gay Christians" meme

We both know that's not true.
>>
>>1309667
Great. Make sure you leave honest people who don't want to bake cakes for your "wedding" for religious reasons alone.
>>
>>1309667
You do not represent all homosexuals, thank you.

There are many catholic gay folks like me who accepted chastity and just want to be helpful parts in our communities. I want no legal recognition for an union I find wrong.
>>
>>1309667
>those benefits which heterosexuals take fro granted

Wow you mean those benefits that exist because a heterosexual marriage is beneficial to the state that provides them?
>>
>>1309712
More so, benefits made to support children of said marriagr.
>>
>>1309685
If you want to bake cakes without being subject to business regulations, bake cakes in the privacy of your home, not as a business. The issue with the bakeries has nothing to do with persecution of Christians, it's about seperation of church and state. The state CANNOT grant special privileges to people on the basis of their religion.

>>1309712
How is a heterosexual marriage beneficial? And before you say reproduction, keep in mind that argument is inconsistent unless heterosexuals are REQUIRED to reproduce, and are at risk of losing marriage privileges if they fail to do so.
>>
>>1309263

Yes, inevitably. In 100 years time, Christians will be the champions of homo rights and will vehemently deny that any "true" Christian ever had a problem with homos, just like they've pulled a volte-face on slavery.
>>
>>1309736

Most hetero couples have kids, and kids raised by hetero couples turn out much better than the walking failures that result from single mothers or the psychologically warped victims of homo couples.
>>
File: 1425436270001.png (641 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
1425436270001.png
641 KB, 600x726
>>1309672
>>1309706
>religious homosexuals

There is nothing more vile or more pathetic than some repressed and self-loathing homosexual who willingly makes himself a part of a group that has has historically persecuted and oppressed homosexuals.

"I'm not like other homosexuals! Look at me, I am wholesome and pure unlike those degenerate ones - I'll even support you in your attempts to marginalize them! Will you accept me now? I promise I'll be good!"

Those religious organizations you identify with and defend did not fight for your rights, and would gladly strip you of them were they to come into power; they still fight tooth and nail to try to deny you those rights. They call you dirt and tell you your only chance is to abstain from all relations. Humans are sexual beings, and their sexual orientations are an innate part of them; and to deny one's own sexuality and trample it and call it "impure" is unhealthy and damaging. And for what? To appease some fictional celestial dictator?

You're worth pitying.
>>
>>1309781
So then, if a hetero couple was infertile and swore they'd rather die than adopt, do you think they should be forbidden from being married?
>>
>>1309762
Vatican III: rainbow edition

Documents:
Gloria Sodomis
Nostrae Gomorrae

"Conservative Catholic" shills be like:

Vatican III didn't change anything. I-It's the same teachings, only expressed differently, I swear guys!
>>
>>1309736
I think the marriage argument is true for catholic/orthodox, then. We are required to be open to life, as the church says.
>>
>>1309781
Citation needed.

Peer-reviewed studies have demonstrated those children raised by same-sex couples display no differences from their counterparts raised in the standard mixed-sex coupling.

So, I'll need sourcing on your:
>"kids raised by hetero couples turn out much better than..."

Kindly.
>>
>>1309791
As Vatican II put it, the Church "matures" dogma over time.
>>
>>1309794
Your bishop can prohibit use of contraception in Orthodoxy, but he can also allow it. It's not against dogma unless it kills after conception. Coitus interrptus, for instance, was never prohibited.
>>
>>1309786
The church never repressed homosexuals. She represses any kind of immoral sexual acts, and homosexual ones are just a tiny bit of them. I am not the only one called for celibacy. My friends who can not marry are also called to it. My friend that is becoming a priest also is.

Btw, if you think that the pleasure of sex is more important than other aspects of your life, yeah, you are a degenerate. There are things out there that far surpasses it, like my family, my culture and my church.

You say the chrch did not fight for me, but she worked on fighting slavery in my country, she stood against the military government and all other tiranies, so I am actually thankful.
>>
>>1309786
Save your pity for yourself. He has overcome the flesh and risen above his carnal desires, and this is no small feat. A gay person isn't more of a sinner than a heterosexual adulterer, for example. But if the gay person believes and repents and the adulterer doesn't, the gay person will earn the kingdom and the adulterer will be cast into the fire. In heaven we will have no sexual desires, gay or otherwise, but we'll be like the angels and experience true love and friendship.
>>
>>1309798
I never know abou Ortodhox communities who approved contraception. I am starting to get dissapointed.
>>
>>1309823
It is not like I am completly free from sin bro, sometimes I fuck up and enter the wrong 4chan boards... I am going to hell with all of you guys, dont worry.
>>
>>1309842
Oh shit, at least we tried anon. That's gotta count for something.
>>
>>1309818
>"The church never repressed homosexuals..."

Actually:
-'In Italy, Dominican monks would encourage the pious to "hunt out" sodomites and once done to hand them to the Inquisition to be dealt with accordingly: "These clerical discourses provided a language for secular authorities to condemn sodomy... By persecuting sodomites as well as heretics, the Church strengthened its authority and credibility as a moral arbiter'

Anna Clark, Desire: A history of European Sexuality, pp74-75

-'By the early 13th century (time of the Fourth Lateran Council) the Church determined that "secular authorities, as well as clergy, should be allowed to impose penalties on 'sodomites' for having had sexual relations", and by the end of this period, "Sodomites were now [regarded as] demons as well as sinners."'

William E. Burgwinkle, Sodomy, Masculinity and Law in Medieval Literature, University of Cambridge, 2004, p32-33

There is a very well-documented history of Church persecution of homosexuals.

>Btw, if you think that the pleasure of sex is more important than other aspects of your life, yeah, you are a degenerate

Nobody said anything about sex. It is only because of secular influences that ingrates like you can get married rather than be forced to hide; who have protections from being fired for this innate trait. Sex has nothing to do with it - I suppose this shows just how sex-obsessed Christians really are.

>>1309823
All nice and dandy, but Christianity is not real. Its metaphysical claims don't hold up to the smallest drop of scrutiny, and the evidence that anything in the Biblical canon actually occurred is shaky at best, but mostly non-existent.

In the light of this lack of supernatural agency, there is nothing special about your celibacy: all it indicates is someone very much emotionally scarred and repressed who has come to hate himself because some old cleric told him some fictional stories.
>>
>>1309828
Dogma for us can only be what Christ personally passed on, and he never said anything about marriage being solely for procreation.
>>
>>1309857
Thank you for confirming ky argument: the church repressed sodomy, the sexual act, and not homosexuality, the inclination. If you think all homosexuals are partaking in this sin, please, stop thinking you know us all. It is like saying all heteros are adulterers.

Uh? You said about sex when you talked about sexuality and abstaining from relations.

And we should not starting discussing about historicity or the metaphysics of christianity here. There is plenty literature of the biggest genius of the west defending it. Also, the reason we started this is noble at all. Our liking of dicks - or lack of it - does not deserve to taint that debate.
>>
>>1309900
>the church repressed sodomy, the sexual act, and not homosexuality, the inclination. If you think all homosexuals are partaking in this sin, please, stop thinking you know us all. It is like saying all heteros are adulterers.

'Sodomite' has historically been a word used to refer to homosexuals, even in the absence of actual anal intercourse, idiot.

>If you think all homosexuals are partaking in this sin

Please stop thinking that your religion is real. It is not a sin because your religion is not real. Your God does not exist.

>And we should not starting discussing about historicity or the metaphysics of christianity here

On the other hand, this is exactly what we should be discussing. What you define as a 'sin' can only be a sin if your religion is 'true': if your God does not exist and if your religious stories are mostly fictional, then how can it be called 'sinful'?
>>
>>1309818
You're one of those gay people who has decided to remain celibate out of a love for God?

Can I just say that I have a lot of respect for you.
>>
>>1309940
You showed me exemples of people being persecuted for sexual ACTS. And nope, you can not be a sodomite without the practice of... wait for it... Sodomy. It would be the same as calling rich people who desire money.

Well, thankfully I believe my religion is right and I have most of the occident with me. Stop being an edgy teenager and accept people can rationaly believe in shit you do not like, please.

Btw, I am starting to understand why the /pol folks hate us. Some are really obnoxious.
>>
>>1309964
>Well, thankfully I believe my religion is right and I have most of the occident with me

Simply because a large amount of people believe in something does not make it true. Muslims have already surpassed Christians in sheer numbers, and yet you'd be hard-pressed to say their religion was the correct one. Secondly, belief in your religion is less prevalent in those people who are well-educated, and rapidly increasing in the U.S. Quality over quantity, I'd say - after all, it's the scientists, researchers, historians, and writers who are the ones abandoning religion. The fact that religious devotion corresponds to those people with less education and of poorer demographics - i.e. those people who cannot fend for themselves - only weakens your case. Your religion can only survive by feeding off the misery of weakened ones?

>Btw, I am starting to understand why the /pol folks hate us.

Pathetic. Uncle Tom, in every sense of the word. As if they think any more highly of you just because you put on this "I'm one of the good homosexuals!" act: they still think you're dirt.
>>
>>1309964
>/pol/ hates /his/ because /his/ is obnoxious

Famalamadingsong pls.

/pol/ hates us because we don't play by their rules. And even /b/ hates /pol/.
>>
>>1309980
>Muslims have surpassed Christians in sheer numbers
Uhh no they haven't... Anyway, Islam is the Christian heresy. Jesus Christ is literally the most quoted man in the Qur'an and his mother Mary as an entire Quranic book (Sura al-Maryam) dedicated to her.
>>
File: image.jpg (399 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
399 KB, 1600x1067
>>1309997
Source that Islam is a Christian heresy:
https://youtu.be/48UPtECW6Hs
>>
File: Turn.jpg (30 KB, 181x357) Image search: [Google]
Turn.jpg
30 KB, 181x357
>>1309263
No because Christianity is inspired by the holy scriptures and the holy scriptures teach that sodomy is damnable (Lev 18:22; Rm 1:27).
>>
>>1309980
Who said I like /pol?

And yeah, I agree, truth is absolute and does not depend on people. What we make of it probably differs a lot. But you just revealed yourself to have an extreme prejucide against the poor. Funny thing tho, I am in med school here in Brasil, and the most religious folks in the academic medium are the non-marxist historians and the MDs. I never expected that when I joined uni, but hey, I drigess.
>>
>>1310033
>But you just revealed yourself to have an extreme prejucide against the poor

I don't have a prejudice against the poor. On the other hand, I feel they are the most exploited by the religious establishment.

Let me rephrase the statement that led you to believe that I disliked the poor so that it can better convey what I was trying to say: the fact that religious devotion corresponds to those people with less education and of poorer demographics - i.e. those groups of people that are most vulnerable - only weakens your case of religion being 'right', in that it can't gain new converts from those who have a decent education, but on the other hand, must resort to preying on the fears and anxieties of those who - for whatever reason - are not as well versed, which is no insult.
>>
>>1309263
Christianity will not be more relevant than greek mythology at this point. Just look at Northern Europe demographics, that's the future for it.
>>
>>1310061
True
>>
File: bde.jpg (32 KB, 600x649) Image search: [Google]
bde.jpg
32 KB, 600x649
>>1310061
>Christianity will not be more relevant than greek mythology at this point. Just look at Northern Europe demographics, that's the future for it.
The Phillipines and LATAM are huge catholic focuses,and their population is going to be bigger share of the world's population than Europe in the future. This prediction is fedora tier.
>>
>>1309964
Stop being a stubborn pedant. You're literally caught up on one detail where you have been demonstrated to be contextually wrong in every sense.

Forcing your own context on what it means doesn't make you right. It makes you an asshole. And you don't want assholes to get fucked so I suggest you ship up before you make an even bigger embarrassment of yourself.
>>
>>1309309

>Don't live according to God's plan
>implying that litterally everything isn't according to His plan
>implying that anything a human does can possibly go again God's plan
>>
>>1309377

>we want people to go to hell

Confirmed for being a roleplayer pretending to be a frothing fanatical hate filled "christian" like the ones he saw on tv
>>
>>1311664
None of those cunts could handle the bantz here, let alone the actual content.
>>
>>1311618
>Philippines

Who gives a fuck about them?

>Latin America

Their populations are experiencing an unprecedented conversion from Catholicism to Protestantism and atheism/irreligion, and most of those countries have anti-clerical laws, such as Brazil and Mexico, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.