[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw my country (Portugal) doesn't have great medieval
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: chevalier ardent sleeps.jpg (255 KB, 1132x494) Image search: [Google]
chevalier ardent sleeps.jpg
255 KB, 1132x494
>tfw my country (Portugal) doesn't have great medieval romances because there weren't any real knights around here
>tfw the only "knights" in medieval Portugal were religious fanatics (templars) and lawless bastard sons from france in search of feuds
>>
What do you mean with romances?
>>
File: El-Cid-Campeador-Burgos.jpg (822 KB, 1200x1085) Image search: [Google]
El-Cid-Campeador-Burgos.jpg
822 KB, 1200x1085
>>1308947
You would have the best one if only had you accepted your rightful place as Greater Galicia, the spanish region.

Too late now :^ )
>>
>>1308947
>the only "knights" in medieval Portugal were religious fanatics (templars) and lawless bastard sons from france in search of feuds
What else did you expect ? That's the alpha and omega of chivalry.
>>
What are you talking about? Portugal has the Lusiad(s), one of the greatest examples of Medieval literature.
>>
>>1308947
If you actually went to a library once in a while you'd know that we have multiple good medieval romances yeh fucking inbred bastard.
>>
If you're searching for great knights and tales, look at Geraldo Geraldes, Paio Peres Correia, you have the story of the Twelve of England, of Martim Moniz, the tale of D.InĂªs de Castro, etc.
>>
Your forefathers may have not have accepted the one true faith but your grandsons will.
>>
>>1308979
Lusiads is more into the renassaince. Classicisms and such.

>>1308985
Instead of calling me an inbred bastard you could enlight me in that subject
>>
>>1308976
El cid was a sword for hire.
He was brave but in the end he had the soul of a peasant
>>
File: homer strange picture.jpg (59 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
homer strange picture.jpg
59 KB, 500x385
>>1308979
>1572
>medieval
>>
>>1309006
Fight me in real life in a joust knave, there's a lot of things you can say about him but he had no peasant's soul. He was forced to become a sword for hire. And he was never disloyal to his lord despite the fact that he was literally banished by him for no good reason.
>>
>>1309003
Because you should have payed attention to your history classes from the first day anon.
>>
>>1309013
>Fight me in real life in a joust knave

Whenever you want foe
>>
File: anguila imperial.png (108 KB, 500x522) Image search: [Google]
anguila imperial.png
108 KB, 500x522
>>1309031
I'll see you in the next one, vile heathen. I'm the knight with the eel on it's shield.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.