[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Papists say works are required for salvation >Orthocucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
>Papists say works are required for salvation
>Orthocucks say works are required for salvation

Daily reminder that faith alone is required for salvation
>>
>>1308746

<citation needed>
>>
>>1308751
Ephesians 2:8-9
>>
>here's my opinion
>daily reminder that my opinion is correct
*insert bull horns here*
>>
Just passing by to remind you all that consciousness and all forms of thoughts end when your brain dies.
>>
>>1308817
thoughts =/= consciousness
>>
It's a silly distinction to make. Belief in the teachings of Christ obligate you to serve your fellow man. Being selfish and being Christian are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>1308858
If you're selfish then it is clear that you do not actually believe in Christ's teachings.
>>
>>1308746
Reminder that Luther had to censor his bibles to remove proof that works and faith are both required.
>>
>I can be a total fucking asshat douchebag asshole that only ever sins and never helps the needy
>as long as I tell Jesus that he better take me to Heaven or else

I don't get these kinds of Protestants.
>>
>>1308888
Are you a farmer? That might explain all the straw men you've encountered. . .
>>
>>1308888
We're all sinners, everyone, you are no better. But we don't all have faith.
>>
Faith without works is dead.
>>
>>1308924
That's about justification, not about salvation.
>>
The bible literally says both. It contradicts itself.
>>
>>1308746
>implying having faith isn't a work
>>
>>1308933
No, it doesn't. In one context, "works" is referring to stuff under the old law, like circumcision and eating kosher. In another, it's referring to stuff like helping the poor.
>>
>>1308823
Consciousness is just thought that examine itself.
It is not all thoughts, but it can't exist without a brain that produces thoughts.
>>
File: 1412823475520.png (13 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1412823475520.png
13 KB, 500x500
>>1309036
>Consciousness is just though
how the fuck did you came up with that BS
consciousness is pure awareness of what's happening in present moment it's the act of experiencing
a thought can't be aware of itself, you are not your thoughts you are observing your thoughts by consciousness, thoughts can't observe they're just these messages "randomly" generated by the machine that is your brain
>>
>>1308874
this
>>
>>1308823
>thoughts =/= consciousness
he didnt imply that
>>
>christianity
>>
>>1308746
>Implying non-sola fidae means pelagianism, despite those being condemned early on by the Church;
>implying fidae means sola fidae;
>>1308863
>No true christian;
>>
If the Catholics and the Orthodox say something is so, it is most certainly so.

t. Byzantine Rite Catholic
>>
>>1311037
when It comes to salvation GOD looks at the heart .

t. christian
>>
>>1311001
he literally said
>Consciousness is just thought that examine itself
>>
>>1308746
Isn't it a funny coincidence how this belief started to get really popular after the discovery of the new world and the rise of the middle class?
>>
>>1311096
Actions speak louder than thoughts
T. Christian in doubt
>>
>>1308746
Christians should get their own board, these threads are insufferable.
>>
>>1308823
Arguably untrue.
>>
>>1308746
Not even christian but that's retarded. How can you have strong enough faith yet not have it reflected on works?
>>
>>1308746
Protestants say they are not works based. But most of the time they're fooling themselves.

They still expect you to lead a pious life of moderate to strict self control and try to make things they don't like illegal in a never ending quest to "save the world from sin and decadence".
>>
>>1311235
then do the arguing, you can start by addresing the points I presented here >>1310827
>>
>>1308746
And that why America is the fattest country in the world
>>
>>1311345
Eating isn't even a sin, that's a lie concocted by the Whore of Babylon
>>
>godcucks do all this in vain but nothing stops the eventual void
>>
>>1308817
proof?
>>
I have neither.
>>
>>1308746

daily reminder the bible says exactly the opposite, and because of that Luther wanted to eliminate the book of James from the Bible

James 2:24
"So you see, we are shown to be right with God by what we do, not by faith alone."

Protestantism in an innovation of the last 500 years, and all the splinter groups made of people who interpret the bible their own way are enough proof of its heretical nature.
>>
>>1313157
Daily Reminder that James was talking about earthly approval and Paul was talking about Godly approval.

If you want to be approved by men, follow James the Judaizer.

If you want to be approved by God, follow Jesus.
>>
>>1311558
Gluttony is and it includes food.
>>
>>1308971
Fuck off, Constantishill, you big liar.
>>
>>1310827
Of course a thought can examine itself.
And when you're aware of what is happening you're thinking about it.

Seems like we have different meanings for thought. I use it to mean intellectual processes that are more than feelings, sensations and emotions.
A thought is not a sentence voiced in your head, it's the process resulting in that sentence.

Regardless of the word you prefer to use, my very simple point was that such things stop when the brain dies. And there is nothing left to save or justify.
>>
>>1308930
What do you mean by justification?
>>
>>1311108
He said that in another post, though, so your criticism isn't valid.
>>
File: Simpsons Laugh.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons Laugh.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
>>1311563
>Being a nihilist
>>
>>1313212
you know, meditation is all about being conscious of the present moment, if you are experienced, after a while of meditation toughs stop to arise and the area of your brain that generates them turns off
your brain is just a machine, consciousness is experience itself, you can't reduce it to brain processes and neurotransmitters
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.