[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did segregated Japanese units in WWII perform better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Why did segregated Japanese units in WWII perform better than Buffalo Solider units even though negro-americans were not put in concentration camps during the war?
>>
>>1306560
>Why did segregated Japanese units in WWII perform better than Buffalo Solider units
According to who?
>>
>>1306561

military records and eye witnesses. Black units were notorious for cowardice and fleeing in the face of the enemy
>>
>>1306571
care to back up those claims anon
>>
>>1306571
t. my senile grandpa
>>
>>1306571
Perhaps the Japs wanted to prove themselves american patriots and not the traitors everyone assumed them to be.
Whereas the blacks didn't think that a likely outcome given history and didn't give a shit about the whiteman's war.
>>
>>1306577
>>1306618
>>1306645
Not him but I heard the same thing about Vietnam. Blacks performed worse than whites.
>>
Black soldiers WWI

Following some initial successes in Lorraine in mid-August, on 20 September 1918, the 92d was ordered to proceed to the Argonne Forest in preparation for the Meuse-Argonne offensive. The division reached the front lines just before the first assault. The 368th Infantry Regiment immediately received orders to fill a gap between the American 77th Division and the French 37th Division. However, due to their lack of training with the French, shortages of equipment, and unfamiliarity with the terrain, the regiment did not successfully complete this important assignment. The failure to accomplish this crucial mission blemished the 92d’s combat record, and it was often used by military authorities for more than thirty years to prove the inadequacy of African American soldiers in combat.
After the disaster in the Argonne, the entire division was sent to a relatively quiet area of the front in the Marbache sector. Their primary mission was nevertheless a dangerous one: harass the enemy with frequent patrols. The danger of the assignment was reflected in the 462 casualties sustained in just the first month of patrolling. Although American commanders were dissatisfied with the unit’s performance, the French obviously had a different opinion--they decorated members of the 365th Infantry and 350th Machine Gun Battalion for their aggressiveness and bravery.

>bad soldiers good guerilleros

the most decorated ethnic group in US Army in WW2 are the Japanese. The Mexicans/Hispanics are the second
>>
>>1307729
>the most decorated ethnic group in US Army in WW2 are the Japanese. The Mexicans/Hispanics are the second
Found the weeaboo spic.
>>
>>1307955

found the jealous nigger
>>
>>1307955
If I as a young jap man in the beginning of ww2 I would have joined the service also. No better way to show your loyalty for your country than to fight for it. And yes the japanese soldiers in the us forces were excellent soldiers. I believe a couple of Medal of Honor winners
>>
>>1306618
Why do liberals feel its necessary to defend niggers at every opportunity? Do they all have stockholm syndrome?
>>
File: 1460783724499.jpg (164 KB, 718x960) Image search: [Google]
1460783724499.jpg
164 KB, 718x960
>>1308767

more like cockholm syndrome
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.