[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Nietzsche the 'Ayn Rand' of the 1800s? His ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632 KB, 1464x1986) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632 KB, 1464x1986
Was Nietzsche the 'Ayn Rand' of the 1800s? His ideas (master/slave morality, will to power, etc.) all seem to favor the strong (edgy) individual over the weak members of society.
>>
>>1306095
He wasn't considered a political thinker in his lifetime really.
>>
>I have found strength where one does not look for it: in simple, mild, and pleasant people, without the least desire to rule—and, conversely, the desire to rule has often appeared to me a sign of inward weakness: they fear their own slave soul and shroud it in a royal cloak (in the end, they still become the slaves of their followers, their fame, etc.) The powerful natures dominate, it is a necessity, they need not lift one finger. Even if, during their lifetime, they bury themselves in a garden house!
(Friedrich Nietzsche. Nachlass, Fall 1880 6 [206])
>>
Obviously it favors the strong over the weak, as it can be read on the §2 of The Antichrist. But there is still the question of how we should interpret what Nietzsche means by weakness and strongness, if he is thinking merely of the body or instead of the will itself, which as the whole nature of something includes the body but doesn't limit itself to it. As he said in >>1307457, sometimes the external strongness can be a shield to inner weakness.
>>
>>1306095
Lol? Ayn Rand was a slav jewish woman...

Literally everything Nietzsche hated the most.
>>
Hegel > Schopenhauer >>>>>> Nietzsche >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stirner
>>
>>1307523
he favors*
>>
Also, their philosophies are totally different one for another. Rand was a realist, whereas Nietzsche was a perspectivist. Rand was an hedonist, to Nietzsche happiness wasn't something to be sought (as to him pain wasn't something to be avoided). Rand's ethic is based on the survival instinct, to Nietzsche survival was secondary to will to power. Rand espoused economic inequality with legal equality, while to Nietzsche the second kind was slave morality.
The only similarities I can think of are that both hadn't good things to say about the state and both advocated some kind of egoism.
>>
>>1307563
Dude what? Nietzsche loved Jews.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.