[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where are the best places to learn about the viking culture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_36.png (23 KB, 523x355) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_36.png
23 KB, 523x355
where are the best places to learn about the viking culture?

were they honestly one of the most brutal warriors of history?
>>
>>1305335
leave
>>
>>1305470
is there a fucking problem nigger?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBZIR6umrN8
>>
>>1305489
we have to answer this shit constantly, to people (usually kids, actually) who want to hear certain answers and then get angry when they hear the real answers
>>
File: 52075.jpg (111 KB, 464x648) Image search: [Google]
52075.jpg
111 KB, 464x648
>>1305335
>most brutal warriors of history

Probably not, they were mostly traders who happened to raid as well, the two occupations were not seen as mutually exclusive. The myth of the Beserker is a bit overestimated and there is not any proof for the existence of a separate caste of warriors on magic mushrooms or some other drug going into frenzies of bloodlust. The best place is probably to start with this book, though you can read several original sources, Icelandic sagas and the Gesta Hammaburgensis ecclesiae pontificum by Adam of Bremen
>>
>>1305651
>Gwyn Jones

I always found it funny this was written by a Welshman.
>>
>>1305651
fuck you cuck, tell me about the berserkers and how they crusaded the muslims
>>
>>1305665
They didn't, if anything the eastern Vikings traded a lot of (white) Slavic pleasure women to Turkish and Arabic men in the east for silver and various products.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.