[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Before /his/ was made, philosophical discussion used to occur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: queen.jpg (635 KB, 1278x1920) Image search: [Google]
queen.jpg
635 KB, 1278x1920
Before /his/ was made, philosophical discussion used to occur on /lit/ and it was at a fairly high level all things considered.

Now though philosophical discussion is effectively confined to /his/ and the level of discourse has dropped significantly.
>>
philosophy is a spook
>>
>>1303956
Hardly a surprise. The nature of /lit/ meant that philosophy discussions had to be mostly rooted in the written works of philosophers, rather than just having "nihilism general" threads or "enlightenment general" threads or whatever.
>>
>>1304238
>enlightenment general

You mean Dark Enlightenment.
>>
>>1303956

Granted, it's been a long time since I went to /lit/ and I generally hung out more in conventional literature threads than philosophy, but I remember extremely shit level of discourse.

I'm talking "Achilles killing Hektor is the climax of the Iliad" level crap.
>>
>>1304249
That's the worst name for a philosophical movement ever. How do they expect to win people over to their side if they call themselves something so obviously evil?
>>
>>1304259
Yeah, they've got some interesting points but that name is autistic (as most of them are, I'm afraid)
>>
>>1304259
I think that's a meme name. Neoreactionary (still fucking dumb) is more common.
>>
>>1304259
Cringed so hard when I first heard the term. It's even worse than 'The Brights'.
>>
File: 2hardcore4u.jpg (172 KB, 558x744) Image search: [Google]
2hardcore4u.jpg
172 KB, 558x744
>>1304259
>if they call themselves something so obviously evil
Most people won't see them as evil.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.