[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: People who were right about everything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Thomas_Hobbes_(portrait).jpg (199 KB, 1109x1169) Image search: [Google]
Thomas_Hobbes_(portrait).jpg
199 KB, 1109x1169
ITT: People who were right about everything.
>>
>>1303268
I'm pretty sure he was nasty, brutish and short, if you know what I mean :^)
>>
>Hobbes said without the government people will die because people are retards
>Rousseau disagreed and believed that people were intelligent and peaceful and that without government they would be a utopia
>frogs remove government on Rousseau's philosophy
>Reign of Terror ensues

Hobbes: 1
Rousseau: 0
>>
File: Voltaire.jpg (3 MB, 2592x3456) Image search: [Google]
Voltaire.jpg
3 MB, 2592x3456
>>1303585
Rousseau sucks
"I agree Monsieur" - Voltaire
>>
>>1303268
>mfw even 4 centuries after his death he still blows anarchists the fuck out
>>
>>1303585
It's even worse than that :
The frog people tasted liberty. And in the end they only got anarchy, mass murder and political betrayals. And what happened after ten years of shit ?
Every frenchman welcomed Napoléon Bonaparte with open arms.
>>
What's with the sudden increase in monarchyposting on /his/ recently? Is everyone watching LOGH?
>>
>>1304546
People are just seeing democracy go to shit and want a return to simpler ways
>>
>>1304546
Contrarian dorks can't handle the complexities of life and desperately hope for a talented strongman to save them from the ambiguity and uncertainty of existence.
>>
Hobbes was a legend

Locke was superior to Rousseau as at least Locke's theories resulted in the USA, Rosseau's theories resulted in the reign of terror
>>
>>1303585
>extremely powerful totalitarian centralized state
>'removing government'
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.