[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any art and music made by Muslims? Because I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: HOT ISLAMIC ACTION.jpg (171 KB, 800x507) Image search: [Google]
HOT ISLAMIC ACTION.jpg
171 KB, 800x507
Is there any art and music made by Muslims?
Because I've heard they forbid music and painting(if you sell them for money)
I'm afraid Islam will forbid these joys of life in the near future.
>>
>>1302121
>Is there any art and music made by Muslims
>Because I've heard they forbid music and painting(if you sell them for money)
>(if you sell them for money)

you answered your question
>>
>>1302121
Well, I've heard 18th century Turkish music on Youtube before...

And uh, it wasn't that great. In fact, it sucked, and I would never listen to it ever again.

Fuck Islam, fuck their "culture", and fuck the faggot who made this deathcult. It's quite fucking clear the Koran isn't even real due to alot of inaccuracies and editing of the Bible.
>>
No anon

There's no Muslim art or music

In fact radios & iPods don't even exist in Muslim nations, or music on TV

At celebrations muslims sit quietly and brood
>>
>>1302121
Are you talking about strictly religious, devotional music and art? Because there's both Sufi zikrs and the nasheeds which I'm sure you've heard at least once if you haven't been living under a rock on the internet in the past few years.

Otherwise, yes, Muslims being people like most on the planet, they've had their own musical and artistic traditions for centuries.
>>
>>1302121
Strict Muslims have been hard on art. Especially with Saudi oil money and the number of scholars who are associated with the Gulf nowadays. However even the strictest say that art is okay minus the drawing of faces. Traditionally there have been a lot of Sufis who listen to music and culturally Arabs have a good tradition of music. I like Umm Kulthum. In North Africa scholars are more lenient with music and so was Andalucia in the past. Honestly the history of painting in the Muslim world has been negligible with only childish Iranian miniatures and statue making even more so. Muslims have always been people of the word and so poetry I would say is the most developed art and most appreciated. It is traditional for religious students to learn a lot of poetry to perfect their grasp on Arabic and many of the Sahabah were poets and/or memorized tons of poetry like Aisha.

I personally really like Arabic poetry it is pretty classy.
إذا كنت ذا قلب قنوع فأنت و ملك الدنيا سواء

I think part of the reason is that Arabic is very poetic, the arabs were always very concerned with their literary style and they have been very good about their meters. Unlike the West, many modern cultured Arabs are against things like free verse especially religious people with culture. Sadly many Muslims don't appreciate it anymore because they're "modernizing" or becoming engineers.
>>
>>1302121
Even fucking ISIS has phat beats.
>>
>>1302191
>>1302154

And not to be that guy but that one ISIS nasheed is really really good. It is a shame it can't be culturally reappropriated from them. I hope they didn't write but it was from someone else.
>>
>>1302196
>It is a shame it can't be culturally reappropriated from them

Sure it can
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gI1XrnPCw
>>
>>1302202
There is also a good remix of this song with Space Jam.

This is A class stuff though. Thanks for the vid. Seriously have you heard regular nasheeds? They are always so cheesy.
>>
Anyone have photos of good Islamic art that depicts humans?
They have a good mix of Hindu/Buddhist influence on their style of art, especially with fire = knowledge.
Is their Christian art that looks similar? Most set from a parallel time would be in the Byzantine style, wouldn't it?
>>
In terms of music,no,we didn't forbid it unless the lyrics contains bad influence,satanic or other.And in terms of art it have been argued.As an example if the art contains living creature made by god like humans,you can't draw it to look extremely realistic.But if the art consist of manmade object its fine
>>
>>1302121
Their art was and still is poetry they're not really big on music or paintaings though.
>>
>>1302121
Music isn't forbidden.
>>
File: 80850980980844.jpg (79 KB, 531x461) Image search: [Google]
80850980980844.jpg
79 KB, 531x461
>>1302121
Are they super sayains?
>>
>>1303085
No they are super sayyids
>>
>>1302121
It's a meme. Even ISIS has music.
>>
>>1302238
That's because muslim art who depicts hunans often comes from persians or persianate societies. And persians got the hard mongol dick and border India.
>>
>>1302121
As another anon said, art with faces is forbidden as well as music because it distracts one from giving their full attention to Allah. The beauty of their culture is definitely in their architecture. Mosques are infinitely more exquisite than cathedrals
>>
Sure, there's a lot of Sufi Muslim music.

However, Sufis are considered heretics by all other Muslim groups though(surprise surprise).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlJ-GkEyZ4g
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 527x523) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 527x523
>>1303153
Isn't music with instruments forbidden? From what I know the only music they can listen to/produce are nasheeds.
>>
File: TEHRAN+MURAL.jpg (110 KB, 840x556) Image search: [Google]
TEHRAN+MURAL.jpg
110 KB, 840x556
>>1303204
Islam is as hypocritic as christianity. They will do whatever they want and then follow what their specific culture tells them to follow unless forced to gunpoint by some crazy lunatic to behave "better". Just like most people in the west completely ignores lent and it's obligations.

Even in the Islamic Republic of Iran you have music everywhere and art galleries. There's murals with people depicted on them everywhere except the mosques, despite being also strict taboo in islam, and the government doesn't care as long as it portray them well.

It's not a shia thing, turks and indians (here I include pakis) do pretty much the same.
>>
>>1302121
What is calligraphy?
>>
>>1302121
>Is there any art and music made by Muslims?
I'm legitimately scared by how little people can know about almost 1 in 4 humans on this planet
>>
>>1302121
awww shiet, did mohammed just go ssj?
>>
>>1303232
The problem is that the whole no art no music things only come from hadiths and not everyone really cares about every single hadith that much so they are not enforced nor are they that much of a taboo as a lot of people make it out to be here,nothing in the quran says that music or art is prohibited,it's not an ISLAM thing as much as it is a MUSLIM thing,there is a really big difference people are unaware of.
>>
>>1303309
>nothing in the quran says that music or art is prohibited

No, but there are passages in the Quran that says anything that takes away devotion to God is wrong, i.e being idolatrous, and music, art and statues can be seen, and is seen by many Muslims as idolatry, which is why ISIS is destroying cultural symbols for other cultures in Iraq as we speak.
>>
>>1302121
Ex-muslim here, don't listen to their lies, they're all degenerates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCJPpHK3308

I used to think Arabs were all poor tribal sand dwellers constantly fighting too but they're really fat degenerates with iPhones and Beats By Dre Headphones, that's why the refugee crisis is such a mess.
>>
>>1303320
If possible could you quote these passages,that aside though that is a rather iffy way to interpret it honestly specially since there is a verse in the quran that says that you shall not prohibit upon yourself that which was not prohibited by god.
>>
The Nasir ol Molk Mosque is a pretty trippy work of art.
>>
>>1302121
>posts picture of Muslim art
This board is fucking shit.
>>
File: angry baby gimp.jpg (41 KB, 649x638) Image search: [Google]
angry baby gimp.jpg
41 KB, 649x638
>>1303370
>visit it at midday
>the dank lights are not there, its just a small Qajar mosque

You have to wake up at fucking 6 or so to enjoy it at the max.
>>
>>1302215
Yeah from what I've seen the best nasheeds are oddly enough made by religious extremists. Regular nasheeds are way overproduced and hammy.
>>
>>1302138
>triggered
>>1302121
>music
not really
>art
yes, especially if you include architecture
>>
>>1302121
>music
If you mean strictly "islamic" music then no it never really caught on beyond nasheeds
>art
Yes--poetry, architecture, some painting.
>>
>>1303374
It's a bait thread. These threads are usually made with the intention of attracting a lot of ">islam lmao" spam.
>>
>>1303188

goddamn this is chill
>>
The only art worth jackshit made by muslims is made by the Alevi. Literally the ones who establish the Turkish character with the instrument of the "saz"

Most art and music from the Islamic world is poetry, and really good ones at that. I'd recommend; Nesimi, Nebati, Rumi and Pir Sultan Abdal
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.