[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am losing interest in STEM, What should I switch my major to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1462826154243.jpg (16 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1462826154243.jpg
16 KB, 255x255
I am losing interest in STEM, What should I switch my major to? I lost interest in STEM because I realized my work was going to be pointless.
>>
>>1353603
Good, you're way too dumb for STEM and would devalue their degrees even more. Try learning a trade, like plumbing.
>>
>>1353603

There's a meme in society of some kind of entrepreneurial post-capitalist industrial-scientific "productivity" thing, and they are expressing the meme because they are demi-conscious memebuoys floating on a slurry sea of currents you can only see if you zoom out
It's exhausting even trying to give an answer to this question. You need to like phenomenologically bracket every single word and write a book explaining that they aren't even people. They aren't even conscious. They aren't even having "opinions". STEM people are like robots with human skin stretched over them. To say "they are dismissive of the humanities" is implicitly to admit I think there's a "they". STEM people don't even fucking exist. They are a statistical gaseous nebula of random particles wafting across continents and periodically expressing junk they picked up along the way. Why would you even talk to them?
Talking to a STEMfag is literally like being some kind of Buddha, ascending reality, then coming back down and talking to bees who were dudes in past lives. I'm sure these bee niggas can be saved or whatever, but let's just wait until they're back in human form. Don't walk around going "BEES, STOP BUZZING, PUT DOWN THAT POLLEN, LISTEN TO ME ABOUT HOW EVERY CONCEPTUAL CATEGORY YOU HAVE FOR EVEN THINKING OF THINGS WAS SHAPED FOR YOU BY AN UNCONSCIOUS SLUDGE OF MEMETIC POLYALLOY THAT FLOWS IN PREDICTABLE CURRENTS FROM YEAR TO YEAR THROUGH THE HIVE IN WHICH YOU WERE CONCEIVED"
>>
>>1353612
Fucking STEM pleb.
>>
>>1353603
What is your major right now?
>>
>>1353651
I started college with the idea of doing comp sci, but after my first year I have realized that that line of work is not for me.
Right now, I am undecided.

>>1353612
I didn't leave STEM because it was stupid. I made the calculation that job satisfaction is more important than pay.
>>1353619
I like this post. I was going to ask if it is copypasta, but that term could trivialize a work that someone has put admirable effort into creating.
>>
>>1353612
>plumbing.
Plumbers get good pay bro.
>>
>>1353603
Law is always useful to know
>>
>>1353619
Its a shame what STEM has become
Medicine itself is a fucking joke, with the majority of the college medicine population being studying, volunteering overachieving automatons with 0 interest in anything other than money

And of course the other fields are populated by the same demographic, though to a lesser extent
>>
>>1355531
Well people want to live a comfortable life why else would you spend half of your young life studying.
I mean talking philosophy is nice and everything but aside from that it doesn't add much.
>>
>>1355541
>why else would you spend half of your young life studying
Maybe if you're actually interested in the subject you're studying, you'd be happy to spend your young life with it
>>
>>1353619
Your English major is really starting to pay off
>>
STEMfag here (particularly thinking of majoring in Math). Do y'all think I should go Philosophy or at least dual major? I can't even git gud at baby level analysis texts.
>>
>>1356080
Math is VERY incremental, you can't jump from subject to subject. If you haven't finished calculus and you jump into an analysis text, you will get lost.

There are a few math majors who take philosophy courses, so doing that wouldn't be so unusual. Philosophy and math are kind of related.
>>
Computer programmer here, I'm gonna work for videogames!
>>
>>1356157
I'm familiar with calc. I guess you're right and I should just be patient. Thanks, anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.