[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys Can someone recommend me some good WWII movies shot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Hey guys
Can someone recommend me some
good WWII movies shot from the
German perspective?
There are so many great movies shot
from the allied point of view but there
are only so many I can think of with the
opposite which is really unfortunate.
>>
>>1300009
Literally nothing. Movies about WW2 are astonishingly inaccurate and if they're not they still play through an ideologic lense. Read a fucking auto biography of German soldier if you want to see their perspective in the war.
>>
>>1300009
>Accurate
It's not really accurate but check Stalingrad (The one from 1993) for a good movie at least.
>>
Unsere Mutter Unsere Vater, a german made miniseries, a bit cheap but decent watch

Stalingrad (93 or thereabouts, not the new one), solid war movie

Das Boot, a classic but very slow and a bit artsy, one of the best war movies thogh

Cross of Iron, a decent watch but i did not particularly love it, okay for the 'small guy'perspective
>>
>>1300019
Yeah, I disagree.
Theres Triumph of the Will, made in 1935 by
the german propaganda ministry itself, which
is a great film- not a war movie though.
And theres also die brucke which is a good one
and relatively famous as well. Maybe don't comment if you don't know anything about film?
>>
>>1300045
>Maybe don't comment if you don't know anything about film?

I'm not the poster to whom you're replying but I found that to be a rather pissy thing to say, or rather, way to say what you mean.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.