[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does God allow terrorism to happen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: we-just-decided-to-6.jpg (857 KB, 2048x1279) Image search: [Google]
we-just-decided-to-6.jpg
857 KB, 2048x1279
Well?
>>
he isn't real
>>
File: Richard-Dawkins-220x220.jpg (290 KB, 967x967) Image search: [Google]
Richard-Dawkins-220x220.jpg
290 KB, 967x967
There is no god.
>>
Because God doesn't exist. At least, not the God of any Abrahamic religion.
>>
>>1296539
First god would have to exist before he could have an opinion on terrorism, or anything at all for that matter.
>>
>>1296539
People have free will.

You can't blame God for a person's ignorance, that is called being ignorant.
>>
>>1296539
Either
>No God

Or
>Free Will
You don't give people this and then step in. It defeats the point.
>>
>>1296539
god had to give humans free will so they could be real people, unfortunately some use their free will to become terrorists
>>
>>1296539
I don't know, and it's not important to me.
>>
>>1296539
Why does God allow op to be a huge faggot
Because we all have free will
>>
>>1296539
Luke 13
There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”
>>
>>1296645
The point being, be a giant cosmic dick?
>>
File: scots.png (16 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
scots.png
16 KB, 650x650
Why does god allow genocide to happen?
>>
>>1296660
You can't blame God for a person's decisions
>>
>>1296655
The point being make your own decisions. It's truly unfortunate that some of us have the potential and desire to spread hatred and fear through force of arms, but that's kind of the point, isn't it?

If we assume this scenario is correct for the sake of conversation, then it's literally the entire point to give us a chance.

I suppose you could say it's to let us be dicks. But the amount of people who rush to help and give support after tragedies caused by one or two horrific people gives me a degree of hope.

But what do I know. I'm an optimist, and think that, in the end--God or not--we'll be okay.
>>
>>1296663
>standing around minding my own business
>some guy comes up to me and starts stabbing me to death
>iron man is standing there watching but not intervening
>as i lay there bleeding to death on the sidewalk i ask iron man why didn't he help me?
>he doesn't say anything
>some faggot tells me that i shouldn't blame iron man for the stabber's decisions and gives me a look as though he has just provided me with some profound wisdom
>>
>>1296663
God created that person knowing in advance he would kill people and had the power to make him differently so that he wouldn't kill people. God is responsible for everything if he is omnipotent and omniscient
>>
File: 1465621762826.jpg (9 KB, 244x252) Image search: [Google]
1465621762826.jpg
9 KB, 244x252
Can God, like, show up at least once so we know he's there?

It's been 2000 years, come on
>>
>>1296687
>make him differently

So now you get to dictate to God how God creates people.

God doesn't get to do what He wants to do.

He has to do what you tell Him to do.
>>
>>1296539
The highest ideal is love and the possibility of love necessitates a complete lack of coercion; the opportunity to say "no".

Blaming God for the evil that wicked men and demons do is foolish. They will get punished. And the people who choose to love God will live with Him.
>>
>>1296687
He also created you knowing you would be an autist fedora
Would you rather he didn't create you at all?
>>
>>1296687
It is man who makes the decision to do good or bad and there responsibility.

God is above us, and yet is also intertwined with us, being the origin of our soul. If a man commits murder, it means they have consciously made the decision to seperate themself from God not the other way around.
>>
>>1296700
I'm not telling god what to do, I'm saying what he is capable of doing according to how most people define him
>>
>>1296712
No you're not.
>>
File: t. bergman.jpg (345 KB, 736x1092) Image search: [Google]
t. bergman.jpg
345 KB, 736x1092
>The passion of Christ, his suffering... Wouldn't you say the focus on his suffering is all wrong? This emphasis on physical pain. It couldn't have been all that bad. It may sound presumptuous of me - but in my humble way, I've suffered as much physical pain as Jesus. And his torments were rather brief. Lasting some four hours, I gather? I feel that he was tormented far worse on an other level. Maybe I've got it all wrong. But just think of Gethsemane. Christ's disciples fell asleep. They hadn't understood the meaning of the last supper, or anything. And when the servants of the law appeared, they ran away. And Peter denied him. Christ had known his disciples for three years. They'd lived together day in and day out - but they never grasped what he meant. They abandoned him, to the last man. And he was left alone. That must have been painful. Realizing that no one understands. To be abandoned when you need someone to rely on - that must be excruciatingly painful. But the worse was yet to come. When Jesus was nailed to the cross - and hung there in torment - he cried out - "God, my God!" "Why hast thou forsaken me?" He cried out as loud as he could. He thought that his heavenly father had abandoned him. He believed everything he'd ever preached was a lie. The moments before he died, Christ was seized by doubt. Surely that must have been his greatest hardship? God's silence.
>>
>>1296687
Retards will always find an retarded response, it's in their nature.
>>
>>1296645
"Free will" is not absolute and God stepping in selectively would do nothing to remove it. One can have a will without being able to action it.
>>
god wills it

allahu ackbar
>>
>>1296539
Uhh, god is the reason terrorism happens. Terrorists do it for him.
>>
So we get an excuse to cleanse the allahu akbars
>>
File: 1461876324152.jpg (50 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1461876324152.jpg
50 KB, 657x527
>>1296539
>God creates world
>hab fun lil humans
>lil humans listen to devbil
>do mean shit
>fedoras try to bash on christians
>"wy god allow dis"
>mfw when God is not playing sims 4 with us
>>
File: B000149.jpg (109 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
B000149.jpg
109 KB, 512x448
>>1296560
are thou neo pagan kek nevr get to valhalla you tit
>>
He commands it.
>>
>>1296539

We do not truly know God.

If he hated us so much, then he may as well have smiled the gays like he did in the Old Testament.

That was until his son came along...
>>
>>1296539
Because Allah wills it.
>>
so we can purge the worlds free from infidel filth
>>
>>1296539
god put man in charge of the earth its mankinds that allows terrorism
>>
Because our version of morality is twisted; decided by the culture we live in. God is over morality and language definitions of good and evil. We also don't know God's master plan.
>>
>>1296539
Free will, faggot.
>>
>>1296647
>had to give
Why?
>so they could be real people
They couldn't be people without what you call "free will"?
>>
>>1296663
If God is almighty and the course of his creation is predestined by him, you absolutely can.
>>
>>1301889
god put man in charge of what goes on earth if people knew the authority god gave us people wouldn't be dying of sickness,murder and disaster
>>
>>1296699
>Every child born gets an eatable bible that appears out of no-where.
boom. 100% proof of divine love/God
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.