[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Protestantism the only denomination where you can name the Jew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Lutherrose.jpg (144 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Lutherrose.jpg
144 KB, 1000x1000
and not get excommunicated for it? Hence the only non-cucked Church denomination?
>>
how does excommunication work in protestantism to begin with?
>>
Protestants are pretty pro-Jew desu

Orthodox consider Jews heretics and enemies of Christ, but we aren't Nazis about it.
>>
>>1295869
But Luther wrote that book about the Jews and their lies.
>>
>>1295875
St John Chrysostom wrote 6 million homilies against the Jews.
>>
>>1295852
I know for a fact that in the Lutheran Church there is excommunication, but I'm not sure what's the status of the excommunicated as regards to salvation, and if the Church even has the authority to pronounce that. In the other denominations, I don't know, it must work like an expulsion from a normal civil society.
>>
File: Based Chrysostom.jpg (46 KB, 212x320) Image search: [Google]
Based Chrysostom.jpg
46 KB, 212x320
>>1295891
>>
>>1295897
>Eight
But it feels like six, I mean ten MILLION! Oy Vey...
>>
File: 1423344999412.gif (17 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1423344999412.gif
17 KB, 200x200
>>1295911
only twenty million? that's way off! how dare you go around telling people it was thirty million when it was actually sixty billion!
>>
>>1295841
I've never heard of excommunication in any protestant sect.

I think pastors could be blackballed from speaking in other churches. You could be banned from a church for doing something stupid or illegal on church grounds but there's no rigid official pan-church membership so there is nothing to be excommunicated from in the first place.

The church is the body of Christ made of believers who...well...believe in spirit and faith, not some stupid list.
>>
>>1295869
>Christians considering Jews heretics.

Rich.
>>
But if God exists why would he choose the Jews? It's preposterous!
>>
>>1295948
How can there be when it's literally a giant sect that is so contradictory and incoherent!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.