[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How i god's name did the Manchus get culturally genocided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: manchu.jpg (9 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
manchu.jpg
9 KB, 257x196
How i god's name did the Manchus get culturally genocided so easily?

>be minority rulers of China
>Emperor and all of his inner circle speak Manchu
>get overthrown
>"OMG FUCKING ARISTOCRATS RACIST"
>lose most power
> many pretend to be a Han to avoid persecution
>kids get shoved into schools where they are force fed Mandarin
>only 10 native speakers left

How the FUCK did the Kuomintang and Communist Party pull this off? Are there any other examples of an ethnicity's identity being completely pulvarized out of them? At least some native Americans still retain some tribal practice and language.
>>
File: 1419977372513.jpg (25 KB, 231x363) Image search: [Google]
1419977372513.jpg
25 KB, 231x363
>>1294181
>only 10 native speakers left

Biggest reverse cuck in history
>>
>>1294181
We already had a thread on this.
>>
>>1294204
where? Did it expire?
>>
>>1294181
Mongolia will be the same relatively soon due to mass han immigration. Inner (chinese) Mongolia will fall first and more easily, of course. But eventually even independent Mongolia will became a chinese country.

The same goes for Tibet and East Turkestan but the peoples there never ruled china, they're just regular "cucks" instead of reverse "cucks".
>>
Wasn't the language dwindling even while the Manchus were in power? I'm pretty sure even Puyi couldn't be assed to learn it particularly well.

Also, going solely on the wikipedia article, it's making a bounce-back now.
>>
>>1294209
Dunno. It was a Manchukuo thread, search for that.
>>
>>1294215
Actually Puyi is the only Qing emperor who could not speak Manchu fluently. One of the reasons why is because he was only emperor for a short time, then boom Xinhai revolution.
>>
>>1294181
Old Prussians, Polabian Slavs and also a little bit Czechs, but in last case in 19th century culture were revived and language recreated.
>>
>>1294181
Not that difficult when there are a metric fuckton of the other guys and you don't want to be ACTUALLY genocided...Best way is fuck your way to security...Actually sounds like a great idea.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.