[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Japan plan the invasion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Japanese_officer_waw.jpg (26 KB, 430x320) Image search: [Google]
Japanese_officer_waw.jpg
26 KB, 430x320
What was the Japan's war plan? Did they really want to invade America?
Their attack on Perl Harbo[s]u[/s]r was rather arrogant. Did they had ambitions to invade say.. California? What did they going to do if they didn't fail to destroy American fleet? All I could find is Kantai Kessen doctrine but it describes only the planes of destroying the nival forces and has nothing to do with invasion. Did they want to invade? What is the point of war then?
>>
>>1293792
>Did they really want to invade America?
They didn't
>What was the Japan's war plan?
They hoped that the war won't escalate and that they will defeat the US quickly in few major sea battles which will bring Americans to peace table as Japanese hoped that public opinion in the US won't support the war for few islands on the Pacific they don't care about. The peace terms were very simple as well - few islands on Pacific Ocean and lifting embargoes, nothing exorbitant or unacceptable.

The Pacific bases here would be just for the negotiation purposes as well - you always want to get more than somebody else can offer, the main point of Japanese attack was to lift the embargoes and allow them to expand freely in Southeast Asia and China.
>>
>>1293812
>you always want to get more than somebody else can offer
I'll rephrase it - you always ask for more than you need
>>
>>1293812
>The peace terms were very simple as well - few islands on Pacific Ocean and lifting embargoes, nothing exorbitant or unacceptable.
Thank God for someone saying this. Why must people always imagine for themselves that Japan and Germany would've invaded America.

Both would have simply requested neutrality from the US. I can't even imagine why people would think that the Axis powers would put themselves through the hassle of invading the US. That seems so impractical.
>>
>>1293792
>Did they really want to invade America?
No

In Short.

Japan wanted an Empire in the East
America had Colonies in the East
Japan wanted these, knew Clash with American inevitable
Japan knew it could not actually defeat America militarily
Japan therefore sought to get the first strike
And to cause such horrible casualties through a huge war of attrition
That America would "Give up" and allow Japan to keep her Eastern gains.
>>
>>1293821
If Soviet Union had lost to Germans they would conquer all the remaining Europe. Probably including UK and Spain. America would not became a super power and invading it would be as stupid as invading Mexico or a random banana republic in Africa.
>>
>>1293812
If so their attack was really naive as fuck. They were sure to destroy larger fleet that their own in a short period. As well as Nazi were planning to defeat soviet union in a couple of months.
>>
>>1293792
They invaded a few islands in the Aleutians (Alaska)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.