[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To further the idea of "History repeats itself", I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Black Family.jpg (59 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Black Family.jpg
59 KB, 600x400
To further the idea of "History repeats itself", I had a little thought. White Americans grew culturally much long before African-Americans did obviously -- blacks were slaves until the 1860's. But at that that point of emancipation, would have blacks technically started there culture at the point of being free men? I am not trying to demean or demoralize black people by saying they are a step behind in culture -- though there will be outliers that don't fit the criteria -- but maybe black people are behind in cultural advancements. EG) A ton of black people look up to the famous, wealthy, and professional athletes. Many will dress flauntingly (wearing expensive Jordan's, LV belts, etc.). It seems like this is reminiscent of the 1920's with the creation of credit and glorification of having objects of prestige. Even dancing -- with moves like Nae Nae, Whip, Dab, Jerk, Reject, Stanky leg, Quan (not joking) -- we know about dancing and it's impact in the 20's -- like with flappers and dancing was glorified in "The Great Gatsby". This seems racist ( Black people are lower the Whites) although this is 4chan, I am not trying to be racist but rather propose a hypothesis for certain trends and behavior in the majority of the black community. What are your thoughts /his/? Perhaps there are high rate of crime and violence from White population earlier in America's timeline that can coincide with the rates of the black population currently? Maybe I am retarded, but I would be interested in seeing if they could be mildly true.
>>
Don't you think it's pretty silly to imply that every culture must go through the same steps in the same order? Culture doesn't really work like that. Also why would slavery put on hold cultural developments? Slaves still had a culture particular to themselves even while slaves. Not to mention not all blacks were slaves.
>>
>>1293655
Then i guess the first taste of freedom and liberty is a path that branchs out limitlessly. Like if two isolated societies were given weapons, they would be violent. But black people weren't given the same obstacles throughout their use of freedom. So yeah, I definitely agree. I was seeing if there was ant sense in my little connections
>>
>>1293663
Are you autistic? You realize that African American's in the south have the exact same culture as other southerners right?
>>
>>1293834
No they don't, you've obviously never lived in the South.

Blacks here have their own entirely separate culture, their own radio stations, their own churches, their own places they meet and hang out, the way they talk. The white and black community still barely interact.

That's part of the problem in America now is that it's not a melting pot, it's a soup with a bunch of floating pieces that don't taste well together and should never have been mixed up in the first place.
>>
>>1293641
>>1293851
>>1293834
>>1293663
While understanding that there has always been a level of distinction between southern Black and white communities based solely on the fact that you have FUCKING AFRICANS immigrating to the Americas by and large the cultural extent with which the folk culture of the south was very, very similar.

The food culture, the clothing, the agriculutre, the religious expression of the colonial south was an Afro-Euro-Native expression.

From post-Reconstruction to Jim Crow altered that; Blues developed with the false promises of freedom, the increased migration of blacks to the southern cities created bottlenecked communities that developed and from there the Great Migration brought a black shaded distinctly urban South Culture than further diverged from the Afro-Euro-Native colonial culture that once existed.

The results of crime in the black community has always been because of Economic Marginalization by White people and businesses. The historic crime levels of the black community is because illicit activities were always put in black communities even if whites were going there.

I also have to say: Why do non-whites always fucking act as though low income disenfranchsied inner city culture is the only fucking expression of Black Culture? And why do you demonize poor people expressing themselves and affirming black creatives and creativity?

Y'all focus on the stupid shit without an ounce of real research.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.