[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>>/wsg/1132596 >listen to 2:30-2:40 If that doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: US_flag_48_stars.jpeg.png (6 KB, 220x116) Image search: [Google]
US_flag_48_stars.jpeg.png
6 KB, 220x116
>>>/wsg/1132596
>listen to 2:30-2:40

If that doesn't bring the patriotism out in you, then you can get out.
>>
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.
>>
>>1292941
I would argue that Americans have unique and special grounds to be patriotic. Americans can and should be proud of their nation in a way that no other nation on Earth can be proud, because unlike all other nations, America was explicitly founded on a set of principles and ideals. We are a nation of ideas and dreams.
>>
>>1292968
So are communist countries.
>>
>>1292968
Not really, we were founded on irritation at paying high taxes and at expansion west being limited by Britain. No taxation without representation wasn't much more than a slogan
>>
>>1292975
Commies want the abolishment of the state, and global unification of the underclass.

Doesn't seem that patriotic desu
>>
>>1292975
Not like America.

In fact, I'd argue that America exists less as a country with set boundaries and more as a concrete set of principles. Liberty, justice, equality, fairness, good sport, uprightness. These are ideals, not lines on a map. Insofar as any nation upholds those ideals, they ARE America. Insofar as nations fail to uphold those ideals, they are NOT America. Even the nation called the United States may not be America if it doesn't uphold American ideals.

That's what I believe, at least. America is a Platonic thing.
>>
Always thought the Star Spangled Banner was a shit tier national anthem.

Britain, France & The Soviet Union's sound more powerful. More evocative.
>>
>>1293063
Musically it's a disaster of a tune apparently, I'm no musician though.
>>
>>1293063
no offence but that opinion is pretty crap, the Star Spanled Banner is hella evocative

I like it way more than my own cuntrees anthem.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.