[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the most important concepts that we must consider when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What are the most important concepts that we must consider when we talk about Plato?

Please explain to me
>>
>>1349869
muh forms
>>
>>1349872

OP: Explain to me the theory of forms
>>
>>1349882

A form is a metaphysical template that the material draws from to become what it is. The form of beauty makes things beautiful. The form of blue makes things blue. The form of large makes things large. And so on.

From the cave allegory
>the shadows are human conceptions/opinions of the material
>the puppets are the material
>the actual things the puppets represent are the forms
>the light of the sun is the essence of the good

Wisdom comes from knowing and understanding the forms of things rather than focusing on the things themselves, and thus knowledge/wisdom itself is "the good".
>>
>>1349882
Google
>>
>>1349869
if you need to do your homework just watch an educational video on youtube like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDiyQub6vpw
it would give you an introduction and it's "easy" to watch

If you really want to know Plato you'll have to read my friend
>>
AYYY YO WE WUZ PHILOSPHER KAAANGZ 'N SHIEEEET
>>
>>1349869

What is a human being? Are human beings featherless birds?
>>
>>1350020

HERE IS PLATO'S MAN.
>>
>>1350139
Fuck Diogenes
>>
>>1349882
What allows us to recognize a tree is a tree or a chair is a chair is that they exhibit a type of tree-ness or chair-ness. Meaning that there is an ideal, universal form of tree or chair and all trees and chairs are merely particular, accidental, imperfect copies of this ideal form.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.