[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What country has hands-down the most boring history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: Canada Flag.png (17 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Canada Flag.png
17 KB, 256x256
What country has hands-down the most boring history?
>>
You already posted it
>>
New Zealand, Canada, Australia
>>
The United States
>>
>>1292018
Correct.
>>1292028
Incorrect.
>>
File: defeated_wojak.jpg (36 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
defeated_wojak.jpg
36 KB, 482x427
>tfw Canadian
>get really excited when a single lecture in a great courses series mentions general Wolfe conquering Canada because they actually mentioned your country and your city
>>
>>1292001
I was going to say South Sudan, just for the briefness of its history

But it occurred to me that even five years of South Sudan is infinitely more interesting than 300 years of Canada.
>>
>>1292034
Hi my quebec friend
>>
>>1292037

This is really true.

I mean, all the best parts of Canadian history like the early colonial march into Montreal and the Siege of Quebec City are all also parts of American history.
>>
Canadian history isn't THAT bad, after WW1 it's boring as fuck though. The early exploration and British vs French wars are good
>>
If we're getting technical, probably one of those 12 km wide islands stuffed full of 100000 Polynesians. In terms of countries of relative importance, probably Canada. I'd say Iceland or something but at least they were vikings and shit once.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>Some people show up to a bunch of mountains
>the end.
>>
>>1292046
Canadian history at least has the benefit of not being isolated from the world and being involved in French and British wars and 1812. There are plenty of other colonies who did jack shit for centuries.
>>
>>1292040
No sadly, it's even worse, a suburb of Toronto. I hat loving history because nothing significant has ever happened in Toronto.

In Mike Duncan's Revolutions podcast he was asked a lot about why Canadians didn't join the war, but even then he only mentioned Quebec. I was so excited that maybe my area would get mentioned.
>>
>>1292001
paupa new guinea
>>
Greenland or Iceland.

Have they done anything since the viking age?
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 276x183
>>1292046
Sure sure
>>
>>1292049
>implying mountain jews don't have interesting as fuck history compared to syrupniggers
>>
>>1292055
Quebec is actually the place where the most shit happened in Canada. Be it the rebellions or the terrorists we had. I find nothing interesting about the rest of Canada. Maybe i'm wrong
>>
>>1292058
Greenland never did anything to speak of, and I'm pretty sure a population size as big as some families.

Iceland hasn't done much of note since it got independence from an equally uneventful Denmark, and really only stands out for being a nice place to visit, it's adorable language, and upsettingly attractive citizens.
>>
>>1292070
The good majority of our rebellions have happened outside of Quebec.
>>
>>1292078
Politely asking your neighbor to quiet down doesn't qualify as rebellion, leaf.
>>
>>1292078
Take out Louis Riel, what else happened in the West?
>>
>>1292084
sick railways

some lady painting totem poles

asians
>>
>>1292070
I honestly think Toronto is the most historical event devoid major city in the world.

>one rebellion
>got beseiged by americans once
>oh yeah we built that really tall tower
>rush is cool I guess

I'm fucking jealous of Quebec, I want to know what having a heritage with real history is like
>>
Canada hands down, look at the meti war for one. So much for war good honest dependable ontario boys go out to finally get to grips with paplery and to kill some indians. After a hard trek using camels impoted from egypt the candian army exhausted and demorilzed stands ready on the sweeping stepps of manitoba. Nothing happens the rebles surrender and flee to the states. The year or so round two happens and we battles like duck lake yet the whole involed 5000 gov troops and at most 700 rebs
>>
>>1292084
Why would you not count Louis Riel?

Anyways you're also forgetting the Upper Canada Rebellion.
>>
>>1292094
see
>>1292099
>>
>>1292049
literally knights templar
>>
>>1292018
Implying Maori intertribal warfare is boring. I hope you are joking kiddo. Easily most interesting tribal society encountered by the old world. English got BTFO in battles by Maori. Pioneered trench warfare and destroyed niggers left right and center of trivial things like somebody taking the biggest fish at a feast
>>
Who /canadaapeopleshistory/ feels here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDEJqy_NOOo

Cozy grade 10 memories
>>
Belarus
>>
Daily reminder that Canada produced this gem. And Diefenbaker.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amor_De_Cosmos
>>
>>1293230

Also, Bear.

Yes, I know it's /lit/. It's part of Canadian history too.
>>
Canada is based as fuck
>>
>>1292001
-Greenland
-FYR Macedonia
-All micro states.
-Siberian and non Turkic nomads
-Papua New Guinea
-East Timor
-Naru
-Pretty much every pacific island country outside of New Zealand and Tahiti
-Albania
>>
New Zealand

and Paraguay after War of Triple Fuck You
>>
Finland.
>>
>>1293386
>-East Timor
>-Albania
The history of these countries in the 20th century alone is far from boring.

But OP your answer is without a shadow of a doubt is Bhutan.
>>
>>1292001
Not really the most boring history but I feel like a lot of non-European history lacks depth, because of a lack of translators and disputable sources
>>
>>1293662
>The history of these countries in the 20th century alone is far from boring.

What country has the most boring 20th Century history is much different question that what country has the most boring history
>>
San Marino
>>
>>1292001
Argentina, they haven't done anything interesting at all besides attacking Britain
>>
>>1293689
Yes but Albanian history is interesting in general. And the pure brutality of East Timor in the 20th century disqualifies it from being the most boring ever.
>>
>>1292034
All I got is Louis Riel
>>
What about the snownigger countries? They literally did nothing throughout their history
>>
>>1293662
>Dragon King realm
>boring
>>
>>1292001
It has to be Canada. Canada itself is boring so every event related to them gets automatically boring unless you're from there. And it's not like they had so many interesting events to begin with. Being basically a more european America, they don't even enjoy the benefit of being exotic.
>>
>>1293660
>The Winter War is boring
>>
Azerbaijan.
>>
China. Defeated by these guys, oppressed by those guys... Just fucking pathetic
>>
>>1292001
To be fair, Canadian politics has been pretty interesting.
>>
>>1294420
Canadian, please.
>>
>>1294420
>Canadians vote for weed
>don't get weed
The world shakes
>>
I find Canadian history pretty cool actually
>>
>>1292071
>Denmark
>Uneventful history
Damnit anon, this is a /his/ board.
>>
>>1294420
no
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.