[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the French Revolution was ruined when Robespierre took over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: unamused_pepe.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
unamused_pepe.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>the French Revolution was ruined when Robespierre took over and made himself dictator of France

>If Hitler only listened to his generals he would have won the war

>World War I was a family feud

>Napoleon was like Hitler

>the Roman Emperor Julius Caesar

>The Dark Ages were actually a myth and everything was fine

>if Trotsky had taken over instead of Stalin everything would have been fine

>Lincoln was a tyrant

>Hitler was Austrian, not German
>>
>pepe posters are actually really cool people
>>
>If Hitler only listened to his generals he would have won the war

I can't beleive people post that shit

A rudimentary reading into WWII will show you that most of Hitlers tactical decisions with the exception of attacking Russia and then Stalingrad, were pretty sound.
>>
>>1288738
and it was actual the generals who ignored the logisticians and tried to invade russia in the first place lmao
>>
>>1288738
Gosh it's almost as if the Germans used the same plans they used in WWI and people praise Hitler for it now.
>>
>>1288738
I think the reason it's commonly stated is because Hitler didn't allow a tactical retreat from Stalingrad even after it was a meaningless pile of rubble.
>>
>>1288738
>A rudimentary reading into WWII will show you that most of Hitlers tactical decisions... were pretty sound.

Bombing civilian British was certainly working in his favor. Making enemies with entire ethic groups and even a religion certainly worked in his favor, as those subhuman slavs certainly welcomed germans with open arms upon realizing that they are to be absolutely exterminated, and losing millions of skilled workers purely because of them being subhuman really helped their industry (b b but he created six million jobs in germany, yes, by eliminating 6 million people from the same jobs through genocide)
>>
>>1288721
>stealth shilling for the 'dark ages' meme
>Every knight raped 6 million women and children every hour and any peasant who didn't pay his local lord to fuck his wife once a month was executed
>>
>>1288738
the issue with Stalingrad was a recurring problem with Hitler's strategy. He kept on refusing to allow his generals to make tactical retreats and begrudgingly granted them after they had taken heavy losses and put in a worse position than they had been previously
>>
>>1288807
TACTICAL decisions. The strategic faults which Nazism implies (manpower and supply shortages due to genocide) are what OP means when he says that even if Hitler had listened to his generals, he still would have lost the war.
>>
>>1288807
Tactical decisions you idiot.
>>
File: Anekantavad.png (575 KB, 723x689) Image search: [Google]
Anekantavad.png
575 KB, 723x689
>Politics on a non-politics board

>All this black and white thinking
>>
File: 1465153491700.jpg (155 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1465153491700.jpg
155 KB, 500x492
>>1288721
>>
>>>1288817
>Either literally nothing changed after the collapse of the Western Roman Empire or Europe was suddenly plunged into unimaginable despair and ignorance
>middle grounds do not exist

>>1288836
>facts are reddit
>>
>>1288721
>>Napoleon was like Hitler
No, Napoleon did not want to exterminate the jews, nor any other ethnic group.
>>
>communism is the future
>>
>>1288841
I like how the "dark ages" pendulum swung too far in the opposite direction and now needs to be brought back to the middle ground.
>>
File: 1395826584739.jpg (123 KB, 500x683) Image search: [Google]
1395826584739.jpg
123 KB, 500x683
>>1288738
>>1288738
The critical moment of World War Two – if not of the twentieth century – is generally regarded as Adolf Hitler’s decision in 1941 to launch an unprovoked assault upon a hitherto neutral and peaceful Soviet Union. Operation Barbarossa, as it was called, is perceived as the great tactical mistake which doomed Nazi Germany to defeat. Icebreaker, by Russian historian Victor Suvorov, exposes this scenario as nonsense. This extensively researched piece of historical revisionism provides compelling evidence that Operation Barbarossa was a reluctant pre-emptive strike against a massive Soviet military machine which was at that time poised to invade not just Germany, but the whole of Western Europe.

>heretical.com/miscella/14days.html
>>
>>1289330
>if not of the twentieth century
That would be the outbreak of WWI.
>>
The only time I've ever seen the Napoleon-Hitler thing has been from brits. They are STILL mad even though they succeeded in ruining everything.
>>
>>1289328
I'm going to be mature and blame Christians again.
>>
>>1289330
>one discredited historian claims that Stalin would have attacked Germany based on little to no evidence
>>
File: 1465924189764.gif (2 MB, 506x338) Image search: [Google]
1465924189764.gif
2 MB, 506x338
>>1289330
>Suvorov
>>
>>1289349
‘The german command succeeded in forestalling our troops literally only two weeks before our invasion would have begun.’

>General S. P. Ivanov, Chief of the General Staff Academy of the Armed Forces of the USSR, 1974.

Stalin's willingness for a conflict was evidenced by his upgrading and mboilization of the red army, but also through concrete utterances. In his famous and now completely unquestioned speech to the graduates of the military academies on 5 May 1941, Stalin said:

"The era of expanding the borders of the Soviet Union by force of arms has begun. The plan of the war is finished with us [...] It is to be time that only a decisive offensive, not a defensive could lead to victory. Long live the active war policy of the Soviet state. [...] The plan of the war is finished with us. Aerodromes are built. Landing and aircraft of 1st line are already there. Everything about the cleanup of the rear area is done, all other elements are removed. Conclusion: Over the next two months, we can start the fight with Germany "[9] [10].
>>
File: Wörterbuch_Rußlandfeldzug.jpg (433 KB, 1624x2184) Image search: [Google]
Wörterbuch_Rußlandfeldzug.jpg
433 KB, 1624x2184
>>1289349
>>1289374
Stalin also devoted a great deal of military resources toward the creation of paratrooper units. The only use for paratrooper units would have been to capture territory behind enemy lines during a soviet surprise blitz against western europe.

The bolshevists bought the silk for the parachutes abroad with food they had taken away from the peasants, which also helped cause the massive genocidal soviet famines of the 1930's.

Note that these paratrooper formations (and soviet soldiers in general taken prisoner by german soldiers after barbarosse had started) all had dictionaries translating military-related german phrases and questions into russian on their uniforms. (Stuff like "where is the next bridge", "where's the military radio equipment", "show me the next railway connection and its conductor" and so on)

But keep deluding yourself into thinking LE STALIN DINDU NUFFINS HE A GOOD BOI you shitlib soviet apologist shitstain.
>>
>>1289349
>stalin wuz a good boy he dindu nuffin
But hitler wasn't innocent either.

They both knew that eventually they'd come to blows and both of them were drafting plans for invasion, it's just that Stalin wanted to strike after the war had ended but Hitler wanted it then and there
>>
>>1288721

>The Treaty of Versailles lead to WW2
>never mind so many debts were forgiven before 1939, America kept throwing money at Germany and later Hitler would just ignore it complete and France/UK didn't give a shit.
>>
>>1289613
This annoys me to no end considering how far harsher the allied powers could've been. Have none of them ever had disclosed to them how cruel the surrender terms Germany inflicted on Russia.

And God can it be infuriating when uttered by children who think they're erudite for straying from the generally-accepted interpretation.

"Well akshually, reddit told me that France and Britain were responsible for WW2. Bet you didn't you know that ;)"
>>
>germans caused ww1 by backing austria

Literally a war started by frogs to steal back al sac
>>
>>1289713
the retarded opinion thread is elsewhere, use the catalog
>>
>>1288721
>The Dark Ages were actually a myth and everything was fine

Nice one lad, very funny. I tip my hat to you.

And nobody said that "everything was fine" just that it wasn't all doom and gloom like in stupid video games and culture and technology actually advanced. And the period was to long and complex to put such a label on it.
>>
>>1288721
Hitler was Austrian
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.