[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good documentaries about art and history of art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1465929102000.jpg (93 KB, 554x554) Image search: [Google]
1465929102000.jpg
93 KB, 554x554
What are some good documentaries about art and history of art?
>>
Roger Scrutons beauty documentary is pretty good
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc forgot the link
>>
Power of art.
Can be found on Youtube

As can A History of Art in Three Colors. I recommend the blue episode especially.
>>
>>1287914
Painter's Painting is considered a quintessential doc on AbEx
>>
File: civ.jpg (52 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
civ.jpg
52 KB, 460x288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpPNbI6GcxI

>At first, Clark's patrician attitudes annoyed Gill and the project was almost abandoned

>Lord Clark attended an early public screening of one of the programmes and was received with huge applause and cheers.

>Some have criticised the series for using the title "Civilisation" when it dealt more narrowly with the civilisation of Western Europe. In this context, the series was considered by some to be Eurocentric, with African works of art acknowledged but seen as the products of superstition, rather than rational thought, and not evidence of civilisation.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.