[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ISIS are this era's Mongols. Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
A fancy theory with all the B-Grade sensationalism just made for a shitty paperback.

Thoughts? Accurate statement?
>>
Mongols were militarily competent, ISIS is not. They were also tolerant of other faiths, ISIS is not.

Sure is summer in here.
>>
>>1285659
They are pretty competent, better than the K*rds. You don't have to like them to admit that.
>>1285654
No because they're tactics aren't original unlike the Mongols. It's like how the Goths were a retarded Hunnic Army, Isis is a retarded somali militia.
>>
>>1285654

The Mongols established the rule of law and were pretty hands-off rulers, ISIS are pure wreckers of civilisations and literal thought police.
>>
>ISIS this era's Mongols
>when they can't even hold onto their own land and will probably go back to Anbar province and back to being an obscure group of Wahabi extremists in a year or two
>>
>>1285654
They're way closer to Luther's Reformation or every other violent reformist/heretic (depending on the perspective) movement in late medieval and early modern Europe. And even then they're not so close.

For different reasons, they can also be compared with traditionalist/integrist european (often catholic) movements. The most well known and relatively succesful was Carlism.

Believe it or not, despite having "backwards" ideas ISIS is defined by it's modern context. It can't be compared to a barbarous horde beyond superficiality.
>>
They're propped up solely by Western/Israeli/Turkish/Saudi funding, so no, they are not the Mongols as the Mongols were self sufficient.
>>
I fail to see anything in common with ISIS and mongols.
>>
>>1285822
They smashed stuff and killed a lot of people.

Like literally most conquerors on earth. But hey, memes are better than knowledge.
>>
Terrible analogy. They're this era's Eastasia.
>>
File: 1432016463446.jpg (88 KB, 600x561) Image search: [Google]
1432016463446.jpg
88 KB, 600x561
people are seriously underestimating ISIS desu, just by them still existing this long in in 20th century is a feat in itself desu. i mean just look at when pic related happens, ramadi was guarded by 6000 US trained Special Republican Guard and these fuckers walked all over them with just 150 men.
also read this OP some more articles on their strategies

>A leaked internal Islamic State manual shows how the terrorist group has set about building a state in Iraq and Syria complete with government departments, a treasury and an economic programme for self-sufficiency, the Guardian can reveal.

>The 24-page document, obtained by the Guardian, sets out a blueprint for establishing foreign relations, a fully fledged propaganda operation, and centralised control over oil, gas and the other vital parts of the economy.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/07/leaked-isis-document-reveals-plan-building-state-syria

Full Text (in arabic):
http://www.scribd.com/doc/292084330/Islamic-State-blueprint

Syrian article on this:
http://aranews.net/2015/12/16810/
>>
>>1285897
some more article on how they operates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Management_of_Savagery

>Management of Savagery (Arabic: إدارة التوحش: أخطر مرحلة ستمر بها الأمة, Idārat at-Tawaḥḥuš: Akhṭar marḥalah satamurru bihā l 'ummah),[1] also translated as Administration of Savagery,[1] is a book by the Islamist strategist Abu Bakr Naji, published on the Internet in 2004. It aimed to provide a strategy for al-Qaeda and other extremists whereby they could create a new Islamic caliphate.

>Management of Savagery discusses the need to create and manage nationalist and religious resentment and violence in order to create long-term propaganda opportunities for jihadist groups. Notably, Naji discusses the value of provoking military responses from superpowers in order to recruit and train guerilla fighters and to create martyrs. Naji suggests that a long-lasting strategy of attrition will reveal fundamental weaknesses in the ability of superpowers to defeat committed jihadists

>Management of Savagery argues that carrying out a campaign of constant violent attacks in Muslim states will eventually exhaust their ability and will to enforce their authority, and that as the writ of the state withers away, chaos—or "savagery"—will ensue. Jihadists can take advantage of this savagery to win popular support, or at least acquiescence, by implementing security, providing social services, and imposing Sharia. As these territories increase, they can become the nucleus of a new caliphate.
>>
>>1285897
I don't think you understand how war works.

Numbers can either mean everything, or nothing.

Everything in terms of occupation, nothing in terms of actual combat, war is about specific objectives these days, it doesn't require thousands of men to achieve them.
>>
>>1285897
Hello have you just come from 2014?
>>
>>1285906
i dont think youve read all my post senpai, they do have a long term objective, that is remaining and expanding, while at the same provoking the west into intervening more in iraq with all their bombing and beheading stunts, and playing card with each power on the region like turkey and israel.

and so far they've suceeded doing just that
>>
>>1285654
They can't be compared to Ancient forces
Its like comparing The Nazis or Soviets to pre 20th century Political Groups
>>1285909
I can't believe that how strong the media made them out to be back then
Its like people who made Putin out to be a mastermind for Taking Crimea
>>
>>1285744

they actually aren't "better than the kurds", they're getting fucked pretty hard considering kurds have little money, supplies, weapons, morale, momentum and general support.

>No because they're tactics aren't original

nevermind. you're a retard.
>>
>>1285897

>US trained

...and there's your problem
>>
>>1285659
>Mongols
>Tolerant of other faiths.
>Kosher ban
>Circumcision Ban
>Halal ban.
>Ispah Rebellion.
GREEN
R
E
E
N
>>
>>1285744
>Mongol Tactics.
>Original.
I'll bet you'll say next: the recurve composite bow was their secret weapon.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.