[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ Were Mexicans considered "white" or "colored"?,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 551x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 551x267
/his/
Were Mexicans considered "white" or "colored"?, What about Chinamen and Indians?
>>
Now or in the past?

Scratch that, anyone not English is a nigger. Now and forever.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_whiteness_in_the_United_States
>>
In South Africa Indians(poo in loo) were considered niggers, they lived in the same places and used the same facilities
>>
>>1284331
This is extremely false. they were their own group and had their own areas/given rights Native Bantu couldn't have
>>
>>1284331
Gandhi's whole campaign began because he was triggered that they were treated akin to blacks/kufer
>>
>>1284290
In the south, except for Texas, this wasn't really an issue.

>>1284428
I was greatly amused when I learned how much disdain Indians have for blacks and the idea that they might be on the same level as them in the eyes of 'whitey' was almost too much for him to bear.
>>
>>1284595
>>1284428

He used to dislike blacks then he came to sympathies and understand them because Ghandhi nearly got lynched twice and he experienced the heavy inequality.

>>1284331
Completely wrong they were bunched with the Coloureds.
>>
>>1284595
He was a spoiled Anglophile who realized his class couldn't save him from racism
>>
Mestizos are colored
I guess some few Mexicans of French and Spanish descent were considered white
>>
>>1284428
And what did nigger Gandhi expect?, to be treated as an equal by the white man?
>>
>>1284290
Finns were China Swedes and not white until 1905 court decision forbade treating them as anything but white.
>>
>>1284290

What about South Africans?
>>
>>1285823
Considering all the laws against Indians in Osuth Africa he the Indian who hired im as alwyer for his business doiwn their probably said he had to come asap so Gandhi could not research the palce.

Also he fell for the whole "Ape us and you'll be no different from us British" meme.
>>
>>1285805
I don't think Mexican Mestizos were legally classed as colored in the US.
>>
>>1287239
dependent on region. Afro-Cubans or Latinos with visible black ancestry would be put in the black areas or considered black.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.