[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would anyone have any good suggestions for books on the European
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Native.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Native.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Would anyone have any good suggestions for books on the European colonization of the Americas?
>>
>>1284157
Sure:
https://archive.org/details/historyofnewfran01lesc

Marc Lescarbot was among French refugees fleeing the French king's harsh hand against Protestants. I read it cover to cover, and after reading in-between the lines of the him desperately trying to convince the king to support colonies in the New World and his own personal interest in the New World itself.

There are others but this one should take you some time
>>
>>1284191
Thanks! I really appreciate it
>>
>>1284195
Anytime, anon. Note his explanation of the use "Savage". It struck me as I continued to read his book and his sparing use of the word. Very interesting.
>>
>>1284157
1491 & 1493 by Charles C Mann
>>
>>1284157
>americans wants to genocide this
>>
>>1284157
who is this seamenspirit
>>
>>1284731
2ndthis.
Realy interesting, rather well written and full of stuff you probaby have no idea.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.