[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Famous eccentrics of history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: Annex - Garbo, Greta (Love)_04.jpg (361 KB, 1300x1739) Image search: [Google]
Annex - Garbo, Greta (Love)_04.jpg
361 KB, 1300x1739
Let's talk about them.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Dexter

Let's get him out of the way.

Because he was largely uneducated, his business sense was considered peculiar. He was inspired to send warming pans (used to heat sheets in the cold New England winters) for sale to the West Indies, a tropical area. His captain sold them as ladles for the local molasses industry and made a good profit.[3][unreliable source?] Next, Dexter sent wool mittens to the same place, where Asian merchants bought them for export to Siberia.[1]
>>
File: 1456196174207.jpg (131 KB, 628x800) Image search: [Google]
1456196174207.jpg
131 KB, 628x800
>>1283941
I was just thinking about posting him and saying "let's get him out of the way"
>>
File: absolutelyhalal.jpg (322 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
absolutelyhalal.jpg
322 KB, 531x471
>>1283946
picrelated

Tesla was proper nuts as well. He fell in love with a pigeon.

"I have been feeding pigeons, thousands of them for years. But there was one, a beautiful bird, pure white with light grey tips on its wings; that one was different. It was a female. I had only to wish and call her and she would come flying to me.
I loved that pigeon as a man loves a women, and she loved me. As long as I had her, there was a purpose to my life. "
>>
>>1283941
Just read the link and had a good laugh.
>>
File: John-Ruskin-008.jpg (31 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
John-Ruskin-008.jpg
31 KB, 460x276
My dearest S. How little you know me,
as if I ever cared about marriages.
Go suckle your babies and don't bother me,
I like my girls from 10 to 16, allowing of 18
as long as they're not in love with anybody
but me. I've got some darlings of 8
just now, and my Pigwiggina here,
who fetches my wood
and is learning to play my bells.

-Letter to Lady Jane Simon from John Ruskin, 1886
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.