[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Manchus go from rulers of China to nobodies with a nearly-extinct
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1872[1].jpg (71 KB, 647x495) Image search: [Google]
1872[1].jpg
71 KB, 647x495
How did Manchus go from rulers of China to nobodies with a nearly-extinct language?
>>
Opium is a hell of a drug
>>
>>1283879
Too many Han.
>>
>>1283879
Communism
>>
File: Imperial Guard Qing.jpg (2 MB, 1174x2241) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Guard Qing.jpg
2 MB, 1174x2241
>>1283879
Because the Manchu Identity was fairly new. It was created at the same time they started invading China.

They were Jurchen beforehand, who were inculturated into Chinese culture to hell and back under the Jin, Yuan, and Ming dynasties. When they revolted against the Ming and invaded China proper, the Manchu identity was being created at the same time.

By the 1700's though, they sort of slacked off with the project since they had a grandspankin Empire anyway and considered themselves (culturally) Chinese, heralded by the time Yongzheng started calling his realm "Zhongguo." Or to be more specific "Dulimbai Gurun" (middle kingdom: in Manchuspeak).

So did their subjects, until they started sucking anyway and the Han were reminded "Oh right these guys are barbarians, REMOVE THEM."

tl;dr invading China doomed the culture. But they don't care anyway.
>>
The Japanese
>>
>>1284783
What revisionist bullshit, calling every thing chinese culture from BC to today would be like calling of europe 400 BC to 2,000 AD, european culture as one entity. Manchus existed right up until communist invaded them and destroyed culture every where only to name this now american like void of culture "chinese culture"
>>
>>1287282
No it'd be calling all of Europe from 400 BC to 2000 AD "Greco-Roman culture"

which is more closer to the truth
>>
>>1287311
Roman empire didn't even cover all of europe, only some oriental religion
>>
>>1287321
Yeah but the places that weren't covered (like the area of modern day Germany and Russia) were heavily influenced to the point of hegemony.
>>
>>1287250
>>1283901
>>1283884
>these comments do appear on /his/
>>
they did mark their twilight years

granted they were already in decline before any of that happened
>>
>>1284783
That lanyard on the da dao sword is gay af senpai
>>
>>1287282
Note that I focused on the last 500 years of Imperial Chink history senpainigger.
>Jin/Song.
>Mongol Yuan.
>Ming.
>Qing.
>>
>>1287282
>Manchus existed right up until communist invaded them
> Manchus existed right up until communist invaded them
> Manchus existed right up until communist invaded them
Please read >>1285342
>>1285375
>>1285397
In that particular order. I know you have 0 idea how Chinese history went down and I was going to insult you for it but that would be counterproductive.
>>
>>1283879
eternal anglo
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.