[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Orthodox like to be so edgy and contrarian? People just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
Why do Orthodox like to be so edgy and contrarian? People just like it because it's a snowflake religion. I went to an Orthodox church and talked to some people there and they all hate Israel and say they took Christian land in Plaestine and "started the war in Syria". Don't get me wrong, I know Israel has done a lot of bad things (as most states do), but if you are going to be a Christian, you should at least buy the whole ideology, which is supportive of Israel, instead of trying to be a snowflake brand of Christianity that defines itself by its opposition to other Christians
>>
>>1282792
They're just as lost as the Roman Catholics.
>>
>>1282792
>if you are going to be a Christian, you should at least buy the whole ideology, which is supportive of Israel
that's just christian zionism, mostly confined to protestant fundamentalists
>>
>>1282801
Even the Pope said anyone who does not support Israel is "guilty of anti-semeticism"
>>
File: 1465645800170.jpg (23 KB, 403x348) Image search: [Google]
1465645800170.jpg
23 KB, 403x348
>>1282792
>american orthodoxy
>>
>>1282792
Is this bait? Why would a Christian be pro Israel? The modern pro Israel stance is a historical fluke. It makes no sense for a Christian to be supportive of Jewish state.
>>
>>1282814
Might be American, but at least half the people I talked to were immigrants
>>
>>1282817
So better a Muslim state there?
>>
>>1282812
because the current Pope is a YEC
>>
>>1282823
neither, really, but definitely not jewish
>>
I'm Roman Catholic myself and earlier this year wanted to follow the pope's example of being more open minded towards the orthodox church so I decided to go to an orthodox church in my area. I didn't really experience any of the things OP described but when I went to confession I was really surprised by how different it was. Instead of the anonymous confessional I was used to where most of the time you can't even see the person you're talking to you actually walk around the church with the priest while discussing your confession openly. That was a real culture shock to me, but honestly I kind of like it.
>>
>>1282817
Messianic prophecy.
>>
>>1282817
Is this bait? Why would a Christian love what God loves?
>>
>>1282856
Go on Easter. They line up to get smacked in the face with a handful of herbs. Funniest thing I ever saw in a church.
>>
>>1282870
>>1282871
Christians = Israel according to traditional Christian belief. This is basix stuff, guys. Come, on. The Jews are liars and phonies as far as Christians are concerned.
>>
>>1282882
basic*
>>
>>1282882
And you? Are you not a liar and a phony as far as God is concerned?
>>
>>1282883
No, it really isn't basic Christianity.

It's basic Catholicism.

Basic Christianity is knowing that the natural branches can be grafted into the tree far more easily and with far better effect than wild branches.
>>
>>1282891
Sure, I'm a sinner, but I mean in a big picture kind of way.
>>1282887
Sure they can. What's your point? I'm Jewish. I don't hate Jews.
>>
>>1282901
Christians don't hate Jews.

Catholics hate Jews.

Knowing the difference can save your life.
>>
>>1282912
The Pope loves Jews
>>
>>1282916
The Black Pope would kill every single Jew on earth if he could.

Catholics look back with fondness on the Nazi Pope who tried to do just that.
>>
>>1282792
But the Jews rejected the new covenant and thus lost any claim to the Holy Land.
>>
>>1282930
Jews still have the old covenant in Catholic and Protestant Christianity
>>
>>1282912
It's not a matter of hate. More suspicion. You wouldn't trust a Jewish state since the existence of Judaism post-messiah is unatural.
>>
>>1282934
contemporary catholic, not traditional. and protestanism is untraditional in itself. it's a new creation.
>>
>>1282930
Literally all of the first Christians used to be Jews.
>>
>>1282937
There is no post-Messiah. He is God.
>>
>>1282934
It doesn't really make sense that apostates who denounce and reject the divinity of Jesus Christ would have any claim to the Holy Land.
>>
>>1282942
>it's a new creation.

Yes.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
>>
>>1282946
>used to be Jews
>USED TO BE
Suspicion of Judaism isn't on racial grounds you dork.
>>
>>1282951
It was promised to their ancestor and his descendants, with God guaranteeing both sides of the covenant.

They don't have to do anything but exist, and God even helps them with that.
>>
>>1282946
They ceased to be Jews when they accepted Jesus as their lord and savior.
>>
>>1282950
God's Word isn't the Messiah in itself. Jesus Christ, the Word in the flesh is the Messiah.
>>1282952
lol come on dude
>>
>>1282792

It comes from a long western tradition of denying the accomplishments of Slavic peoples. For instance, if you believe western "academic history", you would think that the Orhtodox Church blindly supported the Tzars in many acts of cruel barbarity, like fucking goats in the arse.

None of this is true, and the Russian Church has been forced to endure slander for centuries. Does it surprise you that they do not hold your wimpy western ideals?
>>
>>1282953
And God's Promise to Abraham to give his descendants the Holy Land predates the Old Covenant by 430 years.
>>
>>1282959
Just as I ceased to be a Gentile.
>>
>>1282966
Revelation 19:13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
>>
>>1282986
Yeah, Jesus Christ is the Word of God. Good job.
>>
>>1282997
So God's Word is the Messiah in Himself.
>>
>>1283012
Messiah is a function performed by a human being so no. That would be like saying that God's Word is a carpenter in its itself (i.e. in its pre-incarnational state).
>>
>>1283031
So when people were looking for the Messiah to appear, they were just wrong.

kek

Don't mind me. I'm just bored. The Anointed One was always a person, and that person was always God.
>>
>>1283041
I don't follow you. It's always been a hypostasis.
>>
>>1282792
But they're right? The Israelis treat their Christian population like crap. I don't have a problem with Israel existing, but I can't throw my support behind a nationalistic apartheid state.
>>
>>1283051
Correct. Jesus walked in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve. And He was the Messiah then too.
>>
>>1283058
Christians do pretty well for themselves there compared to Muslim Arabs. They have good schools, and very high rates of University attendance. Not that you should necessarily trust Jews. I'm Jewish and I don't even trust Jews. For all the autistic people here: I'M MAKING A GENERALIZATION
>>
>>1283075
Was he a carpenter in the Garden of Eden?
>>
>>1283079
Trustworthy people earn your trust; it's not given group by group.
>>
>>1282792
>why do they say Israel took Christian land in Palestine?
Maybe because it's fucking true?
>>
>>1283138
Before the creation of Israel, Christians comprised 30% of the Palestinian population. Now they comprise 1%, the creation of Israel forced a mass exodus over time.
>>
I went to a Greek Orthodox Church, and the people there were extremely polite. I love their images.
>>
>>1282882
>Zionism is Christianity
What am I reading here, fuck the?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.