[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you welcome modern life or not? It seems that technologies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: celestial_frog.png (93 KB, 467x496) Image search: [Google]
celestial_frog.png
93 KB, 467x496
Do you welcome modern life or not? It seems that technologies such as self driving cars, Google, etc. save you time and reduce low level problems (while stopping you from getting good at low level skills e.g. no one will drive in 100 years). But then you have stuff like downloading information in to your brain, getting an entire day's nutrients and calories in pill form, robots doing all minimum wage jobs (even without AI) and people wonder what they will do with their lives or where their motivation would come from in a utopia.

I think I'm fine in general with it but it really solidified my nihilism. 100 years ago I could've cared about whether or not I get an education or lunch. This year I have everything but I'm supposed to care about poor people and I can't. In 100 years either everyone will have equal access or I would have been told to care about brain information download speeds for poor people.

That's ignoring apocalyptic scenarios, which I think are comforting for people to imagine will happen
>>
File: 1461576411655.png (152 KB, 1946x2417) Image search: [Google]
1461576411655.png
152 KB, 1946x2417
>>1280520
>Do you welcome modern life or not?
yes, it allows me to fuck your mum after I meet her on tinder
>>
>>1280520
In one sense, no. Modern society is creating crybabies who have never known difficulty and will kick up a fuss over the slightest thing.
>>
Yea, I'm definitely one of the losers of the modern age.
I might have been one in the losers in early history anyway.

Change is inevitable though, only a fool would reject the new world, as fucked as it can seem the world has been much worse.
>>
File: condescendinglyjollyfrodo.jpg (35 KB, 285x242) Image search: [Google]
condescendinglyjollyfrodo.jpg
35 KB, 285x242
>>1280600
>okcupid
>reasonable representation of the general population
>>
>>1280520
Automation and then the singularity will doom us all.
>>
File: 1463929425159.jpg (48 KB, 469x505) Image search: [Google]
1463929425159.jpg
48 KB, 469x505
>>1280520
I'm an /o/fag and the idea of self-driving cars makes me wanna go insane. Driving is one of the few joys left in my pathetic little life, and they want to take that away from me as well.

Someone just doesn't want me to be happy on this planet.
>>
>>1280600
Those graphs don't seem to tell you about depth/shallowness as much as selectivity. Men being less selective would be the go-to explanations.
>>
>>1282830
Guess there are no traffic jams where you live? If you live in the middle of nowhere your life probably won't change much on that department.
>>
>>1280661
>waah young people are useless

Sure thing granpa. There wont be any less difficulties, just difficulties of different nature.
>>
>>1280520
adapt or die
>>
I'm mostly concerned because the type of skills that would have translated to a decent job that I would not - text editing and data analysis - are already done by AI/algorithms
>>
>>1280661
Forgive me for having standards and acting on them, I suppose.

What is it about the past that's made you people such ideological pushovers?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.