[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 60952554-zahi-hawass.jpg (47 KB, 900x570) Image search: [Google]
60952554-zahi-hawass.jpg
47 KB, 900x570
what went wrong?
>>
he a racist who wants to try and erase black people's contribution to history.
>>
>>1276235
Had his fingers in the till
>>
>>1276235

Apparently, Egyptology is hella expensive to maintain.
>>
>>1276235
Hawass has been a long-standing opponent of normalized relations between Israel and Egypt.[49] In January 2009 Hawass wrote in Al-Sharq Al-Awsat that "The concept of killing women, children and elderly people ... seems to run in the blood of the Jews of Palestine" and that "the only thing that the Jews have learned from history is methods of tyranny and torment — so much so that they have become artists in this field." He explained that he was not referring to the Jews' "[original] faith" but rather "the faith that they forged and contaminated with their poison, which is aimed against all of mankind."[50] In an interview on Egyptian television in April 2009 Hawass stated that "although Jews are few in number, they control the entire world" and commented on the "control they have" of the American economy and the media.[51][52][53] He later wrote that he was using rhetoric to explain political fragmentation among the Arabs and that he does not believe in a "Jewish conspiracy to control the world"
>>
>>1276457
He hates genetic research, apparently the only person he admitted had a SSA haplogroup is some random Egyptian Pharaoh that sucked but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to deny anything that falls away from his Arab nationalist circle jerking.
>>
File: zahi_advent_cargo2.jpg (133 KB, 760x760) Image search: [Google]
zahi_advent_cargo2.jpg
133 KB, 760x760
> not wearing Hawass from head to toe

you're never gonna make it, /his/
>>
He's a hack
>>
Also, can someone inform on haplogroups, generally?
Such as european is this ____
Looking at Wikipedia and I'm probably only processing a small portion of the info there
>>
>>1276506
>yesstyle shirt that only looks good because he's hunching and the lighting
>rolling your sleeves for shit that aint work
>epaulets, why?
>whatever the fuck those pants are supposed to be
>that shitty hue of red on those basic boots
>what even IS color coordination?

I'm sorry that you got memed by a pretty boy in shit clothes?
>>
File: Tsoukalicious.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Tsoukalicious.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>1276235
>Be Zahi Hawass.
>Have to deal with ALIENS and WE WUZ KANGS people.

I'd have murdered someone by that point.
>>
>>1276525
Zahi is a cunt. he wards off humans interaction innately.
>>
>>1276235
He's done a lot for his electorate. I've heard Katter in some long form interviews, he's actually quite an erudite man, not so much the perception of the bedshitting outback drongo that frankly he himself doesn't really do much to deter.
>>
>>1276235
da pedamids
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 600x648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 600x648
>>
>>1276235
Is this the archeologist from Egypt I've seen on some documentaries?
What did he do?
>>
>>1276506
The fuck you need so many pockets for?
>>
>>1276472
Based Zahi Hawass. He tells it how it is.
>>
>>1276539
Zahi is a hero. You can fuck off back to Israel or New York or wherever.
>>
>>1279314

He is a very based and the most learned Egyptologist we have.

He is also a pan-Arab supporter. Fairly regrettable for such a learned man, but hey, Issac Newton dabbled in alchemy AND was head of the British Mint.
>>
>>1276472
I hope you were trying to sell him, because that's what you did. Based Hawass, whoever he is.
>>
>>1276474
HOL UP
>>
>>1279337
>He is also a pan-Arab supporter. Fairly regrettable.

You know pan-arabism is one of the strongest ideologies in the middle east against religious integrism, right? Or well, maybe I should say was, now there's no future for it. But the man is old, it's hard for old people to adapt.
>>
>>1276517
http://www.eupedia.com/europe/origins_haplogroups_europe.shtml
>>
>>1279377
He's the leading Egyptian archaeologist who actively fights against wewuzism, zionism and religious fundamentalism.
>>
>>1276517

R1b is white, all you need to know desu.
>>
>>1279390

I do not understand what religious integrism is.
>>
>>1279469
>Integrism (French: Intégrisme) is a term coined in 19th and early 20th century polemics within the Catholic Church, especially in France, as an epithet to describe those who opposed the "modernists" and sought to create a synthesis between Christian theology and the liberal philosophy of secular modernity. Integrism is often referred to as Catholic Integralism. Integrists taught that all social and political action ought to be based on the Catholic Faith. They rejected the separation of church and state, arguing that that Catholicism should be the proclaimed religion of the state.

By association, today it's used for all religions, not just catholicism. In fact it's mostly used for islam. Maybe not in anglo countries though, I don't know.
>>
>>1276235
I remember seeing him all the time on documentaries, he seems to be pretty legit and knowledgeable. I don't know why people don't like him, he seems like the go-to expert on Egyptology and he's one who is actually from Egypt. Any Egyptologist should want to be him.

Even if he's said some borderline racist things, that's not his area of expertise and shouldn't be consulted on such issues. His knowledge is about ancient Egypt, and in that regard he is a respected expert. Seems like a mostly nice guy too as far as I can tell.
>>
>>1279480
I support that. France is a Catholic country and at the very least Catholicism should be taught in public schools there.
>>
>>1279480

So, basically, separation between religion and state then.

That is fine. I'm more wary of pan-Arabism, though. ASEAN didn't turn out to be the shining beacon of co-operation and is mostly used to either oppress the people of South East Asia or is used by Singapore to exploit her neighbours. I'd wager if it were successful, it'd turn out to be somewhat similar, only with the house of Saud running things. And if you thought Singapore's foreign policy and human rights records (up till 1991) are bad...
>>
>>1276235
Political agenda
He does not even allow for the use of scanners. Fuck modern egyptians, backward camel hoarders
>>
>>1279514
If you're for catholic integrism, by definition you're against islamic integrism. At least in the same area.

>>1279528
>So, basically, separation between religion and state then.

No, lack of separation. And the Saud are enemies of pan-arabism since they're hardcore integrists. Examples of pan-arabist rulers (or with pan-arabist tendencies) are Nasser, Assad or Sadam. Granted, they're not exactly angels either, but they're bettter than absolute monarchs.
>>
File: image.gif (1000 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1000 KB, 400x225
>>1279552
What do you mean scanners, what do they do?
Why doesn't he allow them?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.