[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Catholics on this board actually acknowledge the well-known
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8
File: KingHarkinian.png (5 KB, 546x459) Image search: [Google]
KingHarkinian.png
5 KB, 546x459
Do Catholics on this board actually acknowledge the well-known and very widespread corruption present in the Church during the Middle Ages, or do they also disregard this fact in the same manner Creationists disregard scientific and historic arguments?

We just had a very... 'illuminating' thread where most Christian posters were of the opinion that the Cathars and Bogomils rightfully deserved to be exterminated due to their doctrinal differences from mainstream Christianity. However, are other "heretical" groups - whose differences were less theological and more reform-minded - such as the Hussites and Waldensians also deserving of this extermination?

(After all, the Waldensians simply started as a sect that opposed the Church's acquisition of wealth and temporal power and corruption, and only acquired 'Protestant' elements once the sect found itself heavily persecuted and forced to ally with Protestants).
>>
File: FOCUS-Titel-51-11-16x9.jpg (112 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
FOCUS-Titel-51-11-16x9.jpg
112 KB, 1200x627
>>1275390
>Catholics

Romans you mean.
>>
The true will of God only seems like corruption to modern, atheistic values.

I assure you. There is no corruption in God's true church
>>
File: mad-hawk.gif (3 MB, 506x285) Image search: [Google]
mad-hawk.gif
3 MB, 506x285
>>1275412
>"There is no corruption in God's true church"
>literally pick up any secular Medieval work of literature see the author poking fun of the well-known corruption, laziness, uselessness, and tendency of clergy to be womanizers, gluttons and obese fucks, frauds, and fools.
>>
File: Redpill.png (637 KB, 573x1552) Image search: [Google]
Redpill.png
637 KB, 573x1552
>>1275433
Which is precisely why authority needed to be taken out of the hands of men and given back to the God's word.
>>
"I've told you this so that my peace will be with you. In the world you'll have trouble. But cheer up! I have overcome the world."

After the inquisition and exalting church leaders, that is the world, but Christ has overcome all of the nonsense we have made, making all different kinds of Christians like Catholic or protestant or Lutheran etc...

Really there is only one type of true Christianity
>>1275412
The true church would be the true believers who follow Christ and God. God's true church is the community of true believers who can get together and discuss their faith

As borat would say "Hi 5!"
>>
File: esq-pope-style-1213-xl.jpg (136 KB, 614x618) Image search: [Google]
esq-pope-style-1213-xl.jpg
136 KB, 614x618
We acknowledge the corruption where it actually existed, but it's highly embellished by Protestants. Remember, most of the English language histories of the Middle Ages are written by Americans and Brits, who are, of course, Protestants.
>>
>>1275412
t. Giovanni Boccaccio
>>
>>1275464
Not this fucking meme again

DAE history is written by victors and historical objectivity literally doesn't exist
>>
>>1275453
>>1275456
Protestants themselves are known for their shady and suspicious activities (fraud, money-laundering, etc.), but the only reason it's harder to pinpoint is because of their relative lack of centralization or oversight.

>>1275464
>We acknowledge the corruption where it actually existed, but it's highly embellished by Protestants
>but it's highly embellished by Protestants
>highly embellished

Just look at all the groups that started up just opposing the corruption in the Church. The Franciscans, the Fraticelli, the Cathars, the Bogomils, the Waldensians, the Hussites, Lollards, Henricianism, and the entire Protestant Reformation, with the main issue at hand being the corruption.

The Church was extremely corrupt, and that's not an exaggeration. Actually, to say 'was' is incorrect, as it still is to the present day. From financial scandals and money-laundering to sex abuse.
>>
File: Thorns.jpg (330 KB, 1006x1200) Image search: [Google]
Thorns.jpg
330 KB, 1006x1200
>>1275527
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

- Mt 7:21-23
>>
Of course we bloody recognize it, only dunbasses who can't read don't. I personally don't believe anyone should be exterminated and the Church made a huge mistake, but we can't fix that it's too late. Now a days I truly believe part of the widespread corruption is that it's normal for the countries Catholics come from
>>
>>1275390
Provide a single example of systemic corruption in the church during the middle ages.
>>
>>1275456
Preach!
>>
>>1275581
>>1275581
http://www.cambriansd.org/cms/lib07/CA01902282/Centricity/Domain/316/Corruption%20in%20Medieval%20Church0001.pdf

I'll give you a very easy-to-read and student-friendly source, since you seem like you're a beginner. No need to thank me!
>>
File: Link.jpg (40 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
Link.jpg
40 KB, 460x345
>>1275390
They all bought indulgences so it doesn't count! Cathars didn't buy em guess they're hell now!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.