[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his problem ? Why did this guy hate Voltaire so much ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
What was his problem ? Why did this guy hate Voltaire so much ?
>>
>>1274371
It's the other way around. Rousseau admired him but Voltaire was triggered by his ideas. He started a smear campaign against him and ruined his life.
Rousseau, who was hypersensitive, became slowly mentally ill. Hell, his paranoia even destroyed his friendly relationship with Hume.
>>
>>1274371
i figure he kept having blank wanks and this led to his demise
>>
>>1274397
interesting theory.
>>
>On 2 July 1778, Rousseau died one month after Voltaire's death.

>In October 1794, Rousseau's remains were moved to the Panthéon, where they were placed near the remains of Voltaire.

>In May 1814, during the Bourbon Restoration, the remains of Rousseau and Voltaire were secretly retrieved from the Panthéon by some religious fanatics, and buried in a dumping ground near Paris; the remains are now untraceable

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>1275646
The catholic are not divided into good and bad catholics,there are only good and bad elements in the catholic character, the latter of which will generally predominate
>>
>>1275646
They did nothing wrong. Catholic here, Voltaire a shit, A SHIT.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.