[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about WW1, /his/. I'm shamefully undereducated on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 1464005498559.jpg (47 KB, 490x337) Image search: [Google]
1464005498559.jpg
47 KB, 490x337
Tell me about WW1, /his/. I'm shamefully undereducated on the topic and the Wikipedia page is a cluaterfuck. Why did Franz Ferdinand's death actually matter so much?

Pic not related.
>>
>>1272007
>Why did Franz Ferdinand's death actually matter so much?
Because Austria wanted it to.
>>
>>1272014
This

Ofcourse, it's bad when the head of a state gets murdered, but Austria used it as an excuse to invade Serbia
>>
File: image.jpg (436 KB, 700x1030) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
436 KB, 700x1030
Nationalism is what caused WW1. Archduke Ferdinand's assassination was just an excuse for everyone to go apeshit.

Basically the International Jewry fooled Europeans into killing each other through propaganda.
>>
>>1272007
Basically
Everyone knew it was going to happen
No one expected it to be so horrible.
>>
File: 191413.jpg (35 KB, 308x475) Image search: [Google]
191413.jpg
35 KB, 308x475
Read pic related to get a broad understanding of the whole war. From there, start reading what you found most interesting.
>>
>>1272019
Ferdinand wasn't the head of state, his uncle Franz Joseph (who hated him) was.
>>
>>1272007

It didn't. European powers had wanted to go to war for a while and just needed an excuse. austria wanted to crush Serbia. Hotzendorf literally wouldn't shut up about going to war. Germany wanted to wreck France and had a taste after Sedan and promised Austria unconditional support, but probably didn't expect them to be so retarded.
>>
File: rendition1.img[1].jpg (247 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rendition1.img[1].jpg
247 KB, 1920x1080
don't worry, this will teach a bunch of people the "history" of it
>>
>>1272007
>Why did Franz Ferdinand's death actually matter so much?
It's because Austria felt that the only thing that could hold their empire together at that point was massive retaliation. They had way too many weak points everyone wanted to pick at: The Romanians, the Italians, even their Allies the Germans were thinking about getting their Anschluss on.

So they felt the only way to deal with all of these problems was to make an example.

The Germans in turn, felt boxed in by the diplomatic system as it was. No matter how they twisted and turned, they were blocked in by the alignment of interests between Britain, France and Russia.

At the same time, they greatly feared Russia's rise as an industrial power. Contrary to bolshevik memes about backwards feudalism, Russia was to the 1910s what China is today. A nation that everyone is aware will become a great industrial power even if they just do a mediocre job of it, and they're doing a pretty damn good job of it.

So the Germans feel boxed in, do to the alignment of European needs and interests, Austria is the only one who Germany can count on, and the Germans know Austria is a shitty ally. So just like the Austrians, they figure a war is the only way to break the deadlock, otherwise THEY are going to lose their position bit by bit, in a larger version of what Austria fears. Their only opportunity to win a war is before Russia industrializes (Note to Hitler).

The Germans decide to roll the dice on a war, because they honestly think they'll win it. The Austrias decided to roll the dice on a war, even though they think they'll lose it, because they don't have any better options.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.