[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mark 14;7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: jesus-helping-the-poor.jpg (50 KB, 600x321) Image search: [Google]
jesus-helping-the-poor.jpg
50 KB, 600x321
>"the poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. but you will not always have me."

what did he mean by this?
>>
There will always be poor people, but Christ won't always be here as a dude walking around, and while is here, it is right to glorify him with all your money.
>>
>>1270575
>Jesus wants your money

Don't trigger me tripper.

He doesn't want your money, he just didn't mind being anointed with expensive oils.
>>
>>1270560
Giving alms always puts on in danger of becoming vain.
>>
>>1272003

God kills a couple in the bible for not giving enough money to the Christian commune.
>>
Post the entire chapter you fucking faggot

I hate when fags post a verse and expect people to completely understand it without posting the entire chapter to understand i's context. This is why people who preach the bible, gospel or Christianity in general is shit.
>>
>>1272012

So what did he mean?
>>
>>1272009
They died because they lied.

Also, we won't know if it was God, it was just Peter's interpretation.
>>
>>1272009
That is not even fucking CLOSE to what happened and you know it
>>
>>1272027

At what point does Ananias lie?

>>1272031

Yes it is.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 460x276
>>1270560
It means he knew that one day he would be DEAD, likely really dead, and that he WASN'T COMING BACK.
>>
>>1272074
Only if he died a natural death, but the crucifixion granted him resurrection.
>>
>>1272074
But Jesus isn't with us now and he still rose from the dead
Checkmate atheists
>>
>>1272100
But he did know how he was actually going to die because he was omniscient because he was literally God?
>>
>>1270575
>it is right to glorify him with all your money.
Haha what the fuck.
>>
File: image.png (283 KB, 318x491) Image search: [Google]
image.png
283 KB, 318x491
>>1272100
What does crucifixion, in and of itself, have to do with resurection?
>>
>>1272606
Yes, but glorifying him doesn't mean tithing or building cathedrals. It means living the way Jesus did.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.