[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I and the Father are one. >Again his Jewish opponents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: God-the-geometer-copy.jpg (115 KB, 520x691) Image search: [Google]
God-the-geometer-copy.jpg
115 KB, 520x691
>I and the Father are one.
>Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him,
>Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
>The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
>Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

"Ye are gods"

what did he mean?
>>
Probably making fun of them because they're casting judgment, which is reserved for God.
>>
>>1270590

>Judgment reserved for God
>In a religion that you have divine commands to set up courts that can and should execute people.

Uh-huh.
>>
>>1269307
He's quoting Psalm 82 and referring to the fact that we are God's children made in His image.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 600x610
>>1269307
Ye... He said "Ye".
Dude knew the King's English.
How cool is that?
>>
Theosis

>In the second century, Irenaeus, bishop of Lyons (c. 130–202) said that God "became what we are in order to make us what he is himself."[2] Irenaeus also wrote, "If the Word became a man, It was so men may become gods."[3]

Christ is quoting Psalms 82:6
>>
>>1270613
"Ye" is plural "thou", it was actually considered a more quaint and simple way of speaking, sophisticated circles had already began dropping thou/ye thee/you in favor of just "you". That's why the Quakers kept using the archaic form, because it was seen as *not* pretentious, and thus "simple"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testimony_of_Simplicity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYi9Vr8bHJY
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 250x237
>>1270636
>sophisticated circles had already began dropping thou/ye thee/you in favor of just "you".
When? (KJV was 1611) and in what geographic regions did this change occur?
What pronouns did Tyndale use? (1526?)
>>
>>1270745
You can tell it was occurring around the same time, since Shakespeare's works lapse in and out of simply using "you", compared to the rest of the version of the pronoun, relying progressively more on just "you". With Shakespeare's last play, The Tempest,, "you" is used very frequently where it wouldn't have been fifty years earlier. "Ye" has been almost completely dropped, used in the play only three times in one single speech to accentuate it, with all otherwise uses of "ye" being replaced by "you".
>>
>>1270764
Hey Constantine, can you link your FAQ?
>>
>>1270966
http://pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
>>
File: Awakening.gif (141 KB, 432x522) Image search: [Google]
Awakening.gif
141 KB, 432x522
>>1270614
awww yiss Ima become a GOD.

Jesus was way ahead of his time.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.