[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /his/, I'm currently writing a thesis on British culture.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1464048685702.jpg (107 KB, 656x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464048685702.jpg
107 KB, 656x960
So /his/, I'm currently writing a thesis on British culture. Specifically, why it is dying.

What are your thoughts? Do you agree?

Pic mostly unrelated
>>
Culture in Britain isn't dying since the population there isn't dying.

British culture as in culture that is unique to Britain is dying, if it is, because of increased communications and population exchanges with the rest of the world.

I'm kicking down open doors and you can't stop me.
>>
>>1268209
It is dying because the Eternal Anglo cannot fucking hack the banter.
>>
The only relevant remnant of English culture recognized internationally is the English language, which is now near universal that it's land of origin is irrelevant. Plus British History is only mixed in heavily with overall European history so it's own specific history isn't that siginificant in the grand scheme of things.
>>
These bait threads are getting more an more pathetic by the day.
>>
>>1268494
>Bait

What makes it bait faggot?
>>
>>1268209
British culture exists as long as there are people living in the British Isles.

Unless you're specifically talking about the pre-Angle Celtic cultures, in which case, mostly through conquest and integration.
>>
>>1268209
>why it is dying
Culture is never stagnant, and is constantly changing. You seem to interpret a shift in culture as a decline, which is incorrect.
>>
>>1268641
Not necessarily.
Cultural shifts always represent a decline of one or several social structures.
Sometimes they bring about a decrease in cultural productions and exchanges, in which case the shifting culture is also declining, though it's never dying.
>>
File: Anekantavad.png (575 KB, 723x689) Image search: [Google]
Anekantavad.png
575 KB, 723x689
All of you please stop posting
>>
File: disdain.jpg (38 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
38 KB, 400x402
>>1268209
>British culture

No such thing. And i'm English.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.