[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
toughts on the Gomberg map?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: new world moral order.jpg (2 MB, 3972x2832) Image search: [Google]
new world moral order.jpg
2 MB, 3972x2832
>>
did the US library of congress really think this map was a good idea?
>>
>>1334950

>Look at map
>Assume colours are based on allegiances
>Read Wiki article
>Each colour is its own country

Haha, who thought this shit was a good idea?

>All of North America one country

That's... Feasible, I guess. Most Canadians wouldn't be too happy about that, though.

>All of Western Europe one country

Eh, it's happened before with past empires, so it's not too far out of the question.

>British Commonwealth

Australia would freak out and use guerilla warfare to become independent.

>Union of African Republics

HAHAHAHAHA YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS. This must have invented the trope of alt-history maps having Africa bunched together.
>>
Ameritards not wanting their heads getting hurt by an all too diverse geography where you have to remember that devious states like usbekistan exist?
>>
>>1335103
>Australia would use guerilla warfare to become independent.
I don't think you really understand the Australian mindset.
>>
>>1335124
uzbekistan is in the map
>>
>>1335127

I'm not that familiar with Australian history or politics, but isn't there a very strong Republican sentiment?
>>
>India and Pakistan
No
>>
>>1335136
There was a referendum to become a Republic in 1999 and it was not passed.
Australians have a general sense of apathy for such things.
>>
File: spurdoameriga.png (11 KB, 328x452) Image search: [Google]
spurdoameriga.png
11 KB, 328x452
>everywhere is the United States of X
>>
>>1334950
90% of alt-hist anons of 4chan make more plausible maps
>>
>united states of south america
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Obviously this wasnt made by someone who has at least a basic understanding of the political situation in south america.
t. Spic
>>
It has a naive charm to it.
>>
File: De_Gaulle-OWI.jpg (43 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
De_Gaulle-OWI.jpg
43 KB, 400x600
Reminder that something like this might very well have happened to Western Europe without pic related.
>>
>>1335545
Does "une Europe par la souveraineté des nations" trigger you, dearest anon?

Regardless, we mustn't be that harsh against de Gaulle that he mistrusted a federal Europe. That's the very Europe the man had had to fight under nazi Germany. However, a federal Europe might function well, should we issue a joint policy against immigration.
>>
>>1335610
You mean the Europe he fled from.
>>
>>1334950
> toughts on the Gomberg map?
Spitsbergen always was partially Russian (or Soviet).

Also, the impact of nuclear bomb is quite clear.

>>1335087
> did the US library of congress really think this map was a good idea?
They thought is was unavoidable.
>>
>>1334950
>Article 39

Never realised America was a commie country back then.
>>
>>1335944
> Never realised America was a commie country back then.
Yep. But unsurprising: Founding Fathers were commie scum.

Also godless: "In God we trust" happened only in the 50s. Same of "under God" in Pledge.
>>
>>1335610
>a federal Europe might function well
You people really never learn.
>>
>>1334950
It's pretty based
>>
May anyone explain the conspiaricy surrounding this map?
I know they think it is portraying some NWO plan, but I don't see why any random map by some mostly unknown person would have to be related to their plans.
>>
This map wasn't a government thing. Some nobody drew it up out of speculation and it ended up getting circulated after the war. Take your conspiracy theories away.
>>
>>1335186
yeah he missed the opurtunity to have the united kingdoms of scandinavia
>>
>>1334950
looks like fucking cancer. Kill yourself.
>>
>>1335545
No, we wouldn't have, because nobody in the world besides a few autistic bureaucrats (yes, that includes Churchill) and deposed royal families have ever wanted it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.