[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your honest thoughts on this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 496x529) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 496x529
What are your honest thoughts on this man?
>>
File: ngbbs4d83a7242d5dd.jpg (29 KB, 411x631) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4d83a7242d5dd.jpg
29 KB, 411x631
>>
No opinion.
>>
>>1267340
Comletely destroyed his country and continent because he got some psychological issues
>>
>Decent hairdo
>Mediocre painter
>Singlehandedly ruined the reputation of the toothbrush mustache
Had he been born today, he'd be written off as an obnoxious hipster.
>>
He was a good guy really. Nicer guy than Stalin or Churchill.

I hate the "le twisted psychopath" meme.
>>
>>1267343
Hey look, it's Lovecraft
>>
An egomaniac who dragged his people into misery just to pursue his dreams of grandeur.
>>
>>1267357
>>1267340

Pretty much this.
>>
>>1267373
>He was a good guy really.

This is why we'll never have a reasonable discussion on Hitler. Because there are imbeciles who genuinely believe this.
>>
>>1267357
>>1267358
>>1267393
Idiots who believe you can run a country on just a philosophical standpoint only.
The guy worked his way up to the top legitimately from what I've heard.
Personally, I believe that he stood for the right things but went too far with the whole extermination thing.
Had he won however, most people probably would have seen any other of the allied sins in the same way people now see the holocaust.
History is told by the victors really.
>>
File: You're a fucking idiot.jpg (42 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
You're a fucking idiot.jpg
42 KB, 562x437
>>1267460
>The guy worked his way up to the top legitimately
>>
File: nazigirllineup.jpg (31 KB, 468x286) Image search: [Google]
nazigirllineup.jpg
31 KB, 468x286
Solely responsible for the wholesale rape of ten of thousands German women and girls while he sucked on the business end of a Walther in his bunker

way to go Dolphie!
>>
>>1267466
>becoming a charismatic leader in a time of chaos isn't legitimate

Was Napoleon a twisted psychopath too?
>>
File: 654.jpg (99 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
654.jpg
99 KB, 900x900
>>1267373
>>1267476
>>1267460

Let;'s play spot the /pol/acks. I WIN!
>>
File: ....jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>1267476
I like how you didn't mention the thousands of murders committed by the SA/SS to get Hitler to that position in the first place.

Or the use of concentration camps, to eradicate any remaining political opposition.

Or the continuing murders by the SS to ensure Hitler could remain in power, throughout the ntirety of the Third Reich.

Or the complete suppression of all remaining political parties.

And that's just scratching the fucking surface.

>Was Napoleon a twisted psychopath too?

I never claimed he was, you utter mongoloid, any more than a claimed Hitler was a psychopath.
>>
>>1267460
So /pol/ has never heard of the night of the long knives then?
>>
>>1267476
>legitimate

You can't be serious, Hitler is a prime example of how to manipulate and sabotage your way to the top.
>>
Great concept, poor execution. Should have been assassinated and held as a martyr, after having established the Nazi state and rallied the people. Then, perhaps someone capable could have taken over.
>>
>>1267340
Just another leader who tried to make his country the strongest.
>>
>>1267340
An avatar of Vishnu.
>>
File: 1458486579386.jpg (81 KB, 625x790) Image search: [Google]
1458486579386.jpg
81 KB, 625x790
>>1267460
>History is told by the victors really.
>>
>>1267466
He worked his way up from being homeless. He may not have been legitimate, but he was legitimately a genius, which is what really counts. There were a million other people in a better position to do what he did, so fuck off with the "right place, right time" meme. He came out of nowhere and was kicking everyone's ass for a good long while too.
>>
>>1268736
Now this is reasonable.

I agree 100% with this.

I just get pissed when Naziboos claim - with complete sincerity - that he dindu nuffin' during his rise and his reign.

I'm not denying that he was a genius - but his peculiar brand of genius sadly needed a lot of deaths for it to achieve its potential.
>>
>>1267340
Personally caught up in anger. Politically freeing and genius in his original statecraft. Tragic figure which should be taught impartially in order to learn rather than demonized. So much political science comes directly from the nazi party.
Without hitler the world would be in the same mindset as early 1900's word was.
>>
Loudmouth curtain for the interests of Krupp et al.
>>
A neurotic little man that became one of history's movers and shakers. Made some impressive political maneuvers, but eventually denigrated into the zealous idiot he was fated to become.
Caused a whole lot of noise and misery for no ultimate gain.
>>
>>1267340
Started off fine in 33, then fucked everything up by being autistic.
>>
>>1267340
A lucky Idiot.
>>
>>1267707
t. German general
>>
>>1267340
Should've stayed as a painter, would've been a genuinely nice guy.
As soon as he went into politics he made campaign promises, created a false enemy and generally got corrupted by power.
He was skilled and a genius, sadly filled with hate and greed. Might've done a lot of good to the world had he focused on something else.
>>
Fully concentrated autism.
>>
>>1267340
Screwed Germany economically, politically, diplomatically, and (in the long run, to this day) culturally.
>>
hitler dindu nuffin he was retakin the danzig corridor bouta get germany back on track he wuz a gud boi
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.