[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
War Crimes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 134343006.jpg (12 KB, 385x257) Image search: [Google]
134343006.jpg
12 KB, 385x257
What is your home country's stance on various war crimes committed by it throughout history?

Does it outright dismiss them?
Admit and glorify them?
Admit and indulge in self-hate because of them?
Admit but couldn't give less of a shit about them?
>>
Depends on who the crimes were against. We paid reparations to the Indians and Japanese because they're not white. You never hear the end of the Indian thing especially. Metis rebels are considered heroes. The few massacres of German troops and the post-war ethnic cleansing of Germans that our soldiers participated in gets totally ignored, and when it is brought up it's considered justified because "they were Nazis." (I only know about it because my grandpa was a zombie who didn't want to fight so the army used him as a guard in a concentration camp after the war, and he told me about Germans being arbitrarily beaten and killed and the starvation and disease.) I'm sure there are atrocities Canadian troops have hand in since WWII but you don't hear about them.
>>
>'''''''''''crimes''''''''''''

Fucking arbitrary laws, only ever imposed on the losing side
>>
>>1266224
Didn't even talk about it.
>>
>>1266513
In school history textbooks, I mean.
>>
>>1266275
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia_Affair

Resulted in Canada no longer having a dedicated airborne regiment.
>>
>>1266224
Besides killing POW's, burning a few villages, etc. Not too much.
Though we went a lil over board with our chemical and biological weapons programs. There's a reason why we Canadians act we're a bunch of peace loving hippies. If shit hits the fan, we're taking all of ya with us.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.