[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do priests often been portrayed as pervert, evil and corrupt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: evil priests.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
evil priests.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
Why do priests often been portrayed as pervert, evil and corrupt guys in literature, movies and games ?
>>
Realism
>>
Protestants and Gothic horror
>>
The Catholic Church is literally the closest thing we have to a comic-book tier international evil order bent on world domination.
>>
>>1265723
Well I suppose if you get your information of the catholic church from chick's comics than you would come to that conclusion. You are wrong though.
>>
>>1265681
Enlightenment and later Marxist propaganda.
>>
>>1265723
What about Bilderberg?
>>
>>1265681
In DS3 they were corrupted by a powerful leader into using their faith for glutinous reasons and material gain and it turned them into that.

Pretty much all media where priests or a religion are evil, it's usually because they were corrupted by a leader or idea
>>
>>1265825
>and later Marxist propaganda.
You mean western secular propaganda, actually...
>>
>>1265799
>>1265825
Probably literally ass-blasted Catholics confirmed. The Church is literally an defense league for child rapists.
>>
>>1265839
I can't help but compare Pontiff Sulycahn to Joseph Stalin.

>Tyrannical ruler
>Killed others to achieve position
>Thirst for power
>A disregard and contempt of the old ways
>Eventually betrays those who served him
>>
>>1265799
>ancient organization with creepy rites, ornate outfits, and a world headquarters in Rome
>has its tentacles in every continent and nation on the world
>played chess with kingdoms and empires for centuries
>has convinced literal billions of people their eternal soul is at their mercy

Maybe they were eclipsed for two or three decades by the ComIntern, but besides that I think I'm spot on.
>>
>>1265799
key word there is "closest". they are bent on world domination in a sense, conversion
>>
>>1265847
How so?
>>
File: 147580674847.jpg (54 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
147580674847.jpg
54 KB, 400x330
>>1265723
>>1265847
>>
duh leftist man be keeping me down mufugga *smacks bible*
>>
>>1265847
Protestants and Orthodox have higher rape rates.
>>
>>1265681
>>1265825
This idea goes back as far as the 'priests' themself. Ever heard of the canterbury tales? It was the biggest piece of literature of the medevil period and half the depictions of priests involve them as being corrupt. One of the bits involves a greedy priest trying to steal peasent's cash for fake miracles and the peasent tricks him into letting him fart on the priest's face as payment.

Author legends also end with a discovery that the current church isn't set up by God, it's a fake church and the real church is in the inner mind.

Not to mention during the 1st and 2nd century the Jews, and every sect of Christians each accused the other of being a false church.
>>
>>1265835
>Bilderberg
It's nothing more than guys eating and doing the same thing they do at the G20 except with more privacy
>>
>>1265681

Probably because so many of them were evil corrupt perverts.
>>
>>1265870
Don't know. Orthodox country fag here. The media is always ready to shit on clergy, and you can find stories about corrupt priests, pervy priests, gay monks, sexually active nuns, the whole thing. Pedo-priests, not really.
>>
Because it's good contrast.

Priests are usually seen as good, making them evil mixes things up a bit.

It's like friendly giants and killer rabbits
>>
>>1265681
Because it's accurate.
>>
>>1265839
>Pretty much all media where priests or a religion are evil, it's usually because they were corrupted by a leader or idea
If someone is gullible enough to be made into believing in a invisible godfather in the sky, they can be brainwashed to follow literally any idea.
>>
>>1267421
>sexually active nuns
Why do people complain about this?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.