[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys remember that battle that was won thanks to axemen? Me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: axe.jpg (156 KB, 512x945) Image search: [Google]
axe.jpg
156 KB, 512x945
Guys remember that battle that was won thanks to axemen?

Me neither.

Axes were so fucking dog shit no one can even tell any military unit who used them

>inb4 muh vikings

who also happened to use fucking spears besides every weapon is good when you're against unarmed people.
>>
>>1264556
Battle of Moria
>>
Didn't the Varangian Guard use two-handed axes to some extent?
>>
>>1264556
you have your own thread going on about spears mate, why do you need this?
>>
>>1264577
I'd like to remind you that Moria was later overrun by goblins so that further proofs how shit axes are.
>>
>>1264556
The battle of Anon-you're-an-autist-please-stop-we-don't-care.
>>
Axe is a tool not a weapon.
>>
>>1264585
Mothafuck spears

halberds>all
>>1264582
the same memengian guard that got rekt by turkroaches? yeah
>>
>>1264582
It would kinda work for shock troops/ elite bodyguard
>>
>>1264593
it was finally freed tho
still halberds>axes
>>
>>1264556
Ive used axemen to win hundreds of battles in Medieval 2
>>
>>1264556
Axes only perform well in one on one combat, in individual scattered formations. It's a two handed weapon so no shield, but without the range of halberds/spears. Units would never be fully equipped with axes. Interspersed with other weaponry they can definitely be effective, especially against tougher armour. Combined arms doctrine wasn't really a thing in medieval times though.
>>
>>1264669
In 1v1 swords shit all over them.
>>
>>1264669
>combined arms doctrine
>wasn't really a thing in medieval times

you're retarded and know fuck all about history I bet you think it was like in LOTR when people were just charging at each other hoping for the best
>>
>>1264711
That's what I'm saying you fucking pinhead. Units have fought in organized formations since well before medieval times. The axe doesn't work well in formations so that's why we never see mention of homogeneous axe units in history. If you have evidence of such a unit using nothing but axes then please share.
>>
>>1264835
There is no evidence because axes were piles of fucking shit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.