[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
India
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 1136x640
What the fuck went so wrong?
>>
>>1263348
Liscence Raj and later liberalization.

But how did a really poorly-run formally Communist China, beat India 1990-present?
>>
>>1263348
China just keeps spamming local governments to increase their GDP to keep them in check
>>
>>1263348
Open defection and the ensuing infant diseases.
>>
>>1263348
Bad infrastructure.
And i guess the chinese work like ants because communism
>>
I might be retarded, but what even is the system that GDP is calculated by?
Can you fudge your numbers? I've heard accusations about that in the past.
>>
>>1263348

Whenever they have a development project, scores of religious, cultural and ethnic authorities work against each other, NIMBY to the extreme

Chinese might be corrupt, but in India the corruption is much more wasteful

The various Indian states actively work against each other due to historic grudges

China maybe went overboard with the cultural revolution, but at least now they don't have a strong caste system like the Indians. Who knows how many potential entrapanours and scientists are hidden in the shacks of the lowborn?

Ridiculous religious tolenrance, honor killings, slavery, and many other uncivilized practices are condoned to avoid India collapsing in sectarian struggly. China is officially atheist and does have near the same amount of subhuman behaviour (even outlawing fasting on Ramadan)
>>
>>1263473

Sure, but no one can deny that India has begun to lag far behind China, since their population growth roughly follows their economic growth, which hampers their development
>>
File: 2000px-Eastern_Asia_HSR2015.svg.png (793 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Eastern_Asia_HSR2015.svg.png
793 KB, 2000x1500
>>1263473
>Can you fudge your numbers?
Yes, but China is undeniably far ahead of India by any metric.
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>1263348
Centralization is probably the biggest difference between the two. When both were developing, a centralized government can make decisions and assign resources/capital much more efficient when a nation is heavily starved on resources/capital. The fact that China focused a lot more on education and infrastructure than India during the Mao era also contributed.
>>
>>1263471
All workers worked like ants before the labor right movements.
>>
>>1263506
Ahh ok

>>1263473
It's not difficult to look at imports/exports to get a sense of growth.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.