[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spain and Austria before 1618
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
How were relations between Austria and Spain after Charles V split them between his son and his brother up until the Defenestration of Prague?
>>
File: 30 years war sides.png (235 KB, 2340x1675) Image search: [Google]
30 years war sides.png
235 KB, 2340x1675
>>1262649
Geoffrey Parker talks quite a bit about it in his book about the 30 years war (source of pic related). But it's been a long time and I don't remember the details of that specific part. I only remember there were ups and downs.

I hope other anons will give better sources and explanations, since I'm interested too.
>>
Do your own homework faggot
>>
File: descarga (22).jpg (4 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
descarga (22).jpg
4 KB, 160x160
>>1262859
>Denmark
>>
>>1262870
Not homework, genuinely interested.
>>
>>1262880
Christian of Denmark supposed to be what Gustaf Adolf was in the end. When he failed, Richelieu just picked another tool from the toolbox and sent the swedes.

Swedes and danes were traditional rivals so Christian later attacked Sweden and the dutch to compensate his defeat against the emperor (now his ally of convenience). He was rekt'd again.
>>
>>1262920
Spain had to support the emperor,because Austria sucked balls in the war. It was kind of the older brother saving his little nerdy small brother from the bullies. Later they found that those bullies were gypsies,and called the whole family to beat them back (France or England coming in the last minute)
>>
OP said before 1618, not after
>>
>>1262999
Kind of distanced,still family ties were a huge thing.Austria usually sent their very fertalie woman,dont know why,but the austrian branch produced ridicolous amounts of fertile woman,to marry the Spanish monarchs,so they were always there as a back up plan for the queen. Also the validos were the ones that determined whether Spain was more pro-Enpire or neutral. Lerma was more neutral and Olivares was pro-empire
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.