[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
technocracy general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Lee_Kuan_Yew.jpg (256 KB, 618x824) Image search: [Google]
Lee_Kuan_Yew.jpg
256 KB, 618x824
Are China and Singapore technocracies?
>>
>>1262127
More so than other countries, thats for sure. But they're not quite there yet.
>>
>>1262127

Lee Hsien Loong is a mathematician, but he's a career politician by trade.

A good chunk of the PAP are doctors, but most of them are businessmen, public servants and "soldiers". There are doctors, yes, but it's a shrinking minority. I don't remember any engineers or computer scientists in the PAP. Fuck, Singapore has a crisis of engineers and computer scientists leaving the country.

China might be a lot closer to the technocracy. It sounds like they have a ton of engineers in the CCP.
>>
I think "technocracy" is too nebulous a term to ever label an actual government as such.
>>
25 year rule.
>>
>>1262180
Not ever. There could very well be government made up majorly of engineers and science educated politicians.

If you look at the Chinese policies, they're playing the long game and making advances yearly. Their policies are well thoughtout most of the time. Now compare that to the US policies, where they are governed by emotional outrage or the corporate lobbies. Its a stark difference between the two.

Obama and his administrations have tried to do something similar by getting advices from tech/science industry leaders, but those don't go well with the republican congress. Its sad but policymaking in US is too backward compared to shit hole like China.
>>
>>1262127
The gist of technocracy is that those with technological knowledge are put in office because of of their know how
It's essentially a technical aristocracy
In China and Singapore those are just politicians that happen to be engineers, mathematicians, etc
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.