[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be Stalin's right hand man for decades >Support every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: kruschev.jpg (47 KB, 596x800) Image search: [Google]
kruschev.jpg
47 KB, 596x800
>Be Stalin's right hand man for decades
>Support every purge and genocidal policy
>Have your signature on many execution orders
>Stalin dies
>BTW Stalin was evil, here's a 4 hour long speech on why he was awful
t. Kruschev
>>
Well he would know, wouldn't he?
>>
>>1259215
You obviously don't understand how Soviet political system worked.

What Stalin basically did was that he created a whole new ruling caste which he put down under him and made it loyal only to him. For any difference in thinking you could easily lose your career and your life, hell, even if the man as paranoid as Stalin saw you as a threat you were gone. This is why you had to tread very carefully if you wanted to stay in the system. Khrushchev perfectly understood this.

Now to the system, the famous Soviet nomenklatura. Nomenklatura was no different than, let's say, medieval feudalism or even better, ancient Roman clientele system. Each and every single Soviet bureaucrat, no matter how petty he was, owned his job and status to someone else above him. Basically an entire senior-vassal relationship system of personal connections and influences. Every top Soviet politician had his own "vassals", and so did Khrushchev. Without your own loyal followers within Party, you'd be nothing.

In this situation, you need to imagine Stalin as a dying king, and his possible successors around him, Khrushchev, Beria, Malenkov, as his vassals. After Stalin's death, a clash emerged, and Khrushchev prevailed. Beria was killed like a little bitch he was and Malenkov was too stupid to even pose a threat.

After this, cleaning of the ranks issues. Khrushchev needs to throw out all those Stalinist bureaucrats (of whom many support his rivals) from the Party and bring in his own loyal men, his own clientele to top positions. Otherwise, if he lets the Stalinists stay, he won't last for long. This is why he needs a condemnation of sort of Stalinist policies. How else is he gonna justify the purge of Stalinists from the Party? He needs a reason, and he finds it in Stalin's oppressive ways.

Hope i made it more clear. Khrushchev was later sacked in a similar way he rose to power, by Brezhnev and his clientele.
>>
>>1259215
Either that or get purged along.
>>
>>1259215
At least he's not beria
"I rid this country of stalin i did it"
Stalin wakes up
"Ow stalin how are you are you alright"
Goes out
"Fucking stalin man muh holomodor"
"Brb raping girls and having them and their husbands son disapear if they don't accept my flowers"
>>
>>1259783
He trusted some men because they dare critisise him, like that general boy of the eastern from, what's his name?
>>
>>1259431
Not bad
>>
>>1259232
Underrated post
>>
>>1259431
An insightful post on /his/? Color me surprised.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.