[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one leave mount stupid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9
File: Mount-Stupid.gif (31 KB, 500x664) Image search: [Google]
Mount-Stupid.gif
31 KB, 500x664
How does one leave mount stupid?
>>
>>1257205
>Civil war wasn't about slavery

I cannot believe that some people actually believe this when it was in their constitution.
>>
>>1257205
People who post entirely in greentext, and have prepared infography usually have an agenda, and therefore have no desire to leave mt stupid
>>
>tfw stutter and blush when talking about things I'm not an expert on
How does one discuses topics which they aren't very familiar with without being called out for talking shit? Is it normal to feel this way?
>>
The civil war was literally about slavery.

>muh states' rights
Yes, the right to own slaves. Which was the only one they gave a damn about.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q--iGgtRn8
>>
>Christianity set back science by 1000 years
>WW2 was caused by the excessive harshness of the Versailles treaty
>Joan of Arc was a glorified cheerleader
>historical materialism

This whole board is mount stupid.
>>
>>1257205
here is the bombshell: reflexivity permits us to see that the belief in rationality, induction/generalization/categorization, imagination, intellect, reason does not lead us to the good life.

animals are the most rational beings, but they lack reflexivity since they fail to see that the faith in abstraction to reach knowledge/truth/objectivity/reality/universality is sterile since it brings only conventions which are, by definition, always fluctuating through, at least, time and space... rationality brings is a deception and a disappointment.

the point of reflexivity is to notice the failure of rationalism, to embrace PURE empiricism, that is to say, to stop fantasizing about a collective reality, but rather to stick to personal phenomena in analyzing them.
the point of reflexivity is to make us wonder what do we want.

Do you want to create norms, conventions in order to claim that you create norms and that these norms are truths that you try to impose on others, until some people will come to you and claim that their conventions are the truths and yours are lies ?
>>
>>1257210
It's Ironic, this comic is actually a demonstration of the principle.
>>
>>1257205
Stop coming to /his/
>>
>>1257253
Why would historical materialism be wrong?
>>
>>1257253
>>WW2 was caused by the excessive harshness of the Versailles treaty
But thats definitely a cause
>>
>>1257253

I dunno about Joan of Arc being a glorified cheerleader (/his/ put an end to that) but I also learnt that Joan was also a waifu IRL. Something about how the men closest to her actually wanted to fuck her but dared not because "she was too pure to defile" or some shit.
>>
File: bobby.jpg (48 KB, 425x519) Image search: [Google]
bobby.jpg
48 KB, 425x519
>>1257210
>>1257242

let's nip this discussion in the bud right now.

the deep south seceded over election butthurt and fears that Lincoln would abolish slavery, the North fought to preserve the Union, VA and TN seceded after Lincoln tried raising their troops because they thought the federal government didn't/shouldn't have the right to force states to remain in the union against their will.

there you have it
>>
>>1257315
>the men closest to her actually wanted to fuck her but dared not because "she was too pure to defile" or some shit
That kind of autistic worship was common among nobility in the Middle Ages, as far as I know.
>>
>>1257298
Because societies are defined primarily by their culture, just as people are defined by their minds, not by what type of seed happens to be lying around or other bullshit post facto rationalisations.
>>
>>1257304
The excessive leniency of the Versailles treaty was definitely a cause.
>>
>>1257345

So wait, pic related is how these nobles saw Joan?

Fuck. Japan is HELLA LATE.
>>
>>1257357
Feudal minds think alike.
>>
>>1257210
The war was BECAUSE OF slavery, but not about slavery.

there, it's settled
>>
>>1257205
a) educate yourself
b) shut up
>>
>>1257205
but a tomato is a fruit. I don't know about the rest.
>>
>>1257554
No such thing as a biological vegetable. It's a culinary term.
>>
>>1257205
>m-m-muh state rights
>>
>>1257205
Tomato statement is right.
Fuck off culinary arts majors.
>>
>>1257205
Guys the stuff written in the bottom wasn't in the original.
>>
>>1257290
The op is an altered version of the comic. This is the original.
>>
a
>>
>>1260493
>>
>>1259576
Doesn't that prove the point even more though? Biologically it's a fruit, culinarily it's a vegetable.
>>
A tomato is a fruit you fucking nigger.
>>
>>1260487

nothing to do with slavery would be to the left of mount stupid

entirely to do with slavery would be its apex
>>
Suck PhD cock.
>>
File: Lincoln on freedom.jpg (67 KB, 342x460) Image search: [Google]
Lincoln on freedom.jpg
67 KB, 342x460
>>1260487
Ahh, the truth reveals itself: OP is a lost-cause loser
>>
>>1260499
The idea is that you're saying that according to biology, a tomato specifically is more a fruit than a vegetable. However, this is not specific to tomatoes, because "biological vegetable" is a meaningless term. "Mount Stupid" is thinking you know an interesting factoid about tomatoes when in reality you don't actually know what fruit and vegetable actually mean.
>>
>>1257205
Looks like you just have to get more knowledge.
>>
>>1260505
So ketchup is a smoothie? A DESSERT?
>>
But a tomato is a fruit... it is a fruit of the plant it grows on.
>>
>That retard who uses Bantu as a synonym for sub-saharan african

Grinds my gears so hard, like calling all Europeans Slavic
>>
>>1260605
>>1260615
I think that the point is that "fruit" is sometimes a culinary or cultural, rather than botanical distinction. Tomatoes are normally served as vegetables, so are not considered fruits in informal speaking, just like wheat grains are considered not fruits, even though they are.

Btw, you can make ketchup with both fruits, like peaches, and vegetables like onions.
>>
>>1260499
No, botanically it's a fruit. Legally, it's a vegetable. Culinarily, it's a sauce or paste.
>>
>>1260615
Yes, but there's no biological category of vegetable.
>>
>>1257345
>you will never be Etienne de Vignoles
>you will never be a young, ugly and violent french nobleman selling his services as a mercenary
>you will never be so feared and terrifying that the brits call you "La Hire" ("The Wrath").
>you will never find your purpose in life the day you meet Joan of Arc
>you will never become religious, entirely devoted to God, all thanks to the woman you love
>you will never fight by her side, shielding her from harm, as you charge englishmen during the Siege of Orléans
>you will never cry and end up miserable the day your pucelle dies.
>>
>>1257253
I'd disagree about Joan of Arc, mount stupid would be people thinking she was some kind of warrior hero woman
>>
>>1257205

With a bullet of your choice, liberally applied to your brain. Remember to deepthroat your gun for maximum results.
>>
>>1261789

>You will never treat Joan of Arc as a waifu, putting her on a pedestal and thinking of her as so pure she could not be defiled even though your balls are fucking bluer than the last guy you strangled and you dick is harder than diamonds and you seriously want to jam it in her so hard
>>
>>1257253
Joan of Arc was for sure a glorified leader, but no cheerleader.

Joan's story has been reused by french fascists and nationalists as a figure of resistance to the english.

Yet today a lot of people still believe that Joan of Arc saved France from the english.

IMHO, the hundred years war is just a war between Plantagenêts being french and the rightful heir of France, and the Valois which were butthurts who just made up and faked Salic Laws to kick the Plantagenêts out of the succession.

It was more of a civil war between two french houses ( even tho the french identity disappeared at the end of the war in the english court ), whom the Plantagenêts had the most legitimacy and the Valois just invented new rules as the fuckers they are.

Also, the whole myth of " liberating France " and " kicking the english out " imply that the english actually were occupying the kingdom burning and raping everything ... When in fact they were ruling what they considered to be THEIR kingdom and THEIR territory ( especially Normandie and Anjou ), which they ruled far better than any capetian did during the middle age, The plantagenêts being great administrators.
Also, it's funny for the country who claims to be the country of the Human Rights to just not point out the fact that at those time, the english had the Bill of Rights protecting their people to some extent , while the capetians had nothing ...
>>
>>1257304
>implying
Even with Versailles Germany was still the powerhouse of Europe. Just because some shithead from Austria who can't draw and can't get a waifu blames it one some piece of paper that already was being changed by DIPLOMACY you can't blame Versailles for WW2
>>
>>1261789
>ywn be Gilles de Rais
>ywn love Joan and worship her like a saint
>ywn lose all faith in the human race after she dies
>ywn turn to black magic and satanic rituals
>ywn go down in history as a demon incarnate
>tfw all you wanted was a pure waifu
>>
>>1257210
>the civil war WAS about slavery

It was about many things. If slavery never happened I doubt the civil war wouldn't have happened either.
>>
File: Tomato+lies_4eeeb6_5121832.png (268 KB, 473x613) Image search: [Google]
Tomato+lies_4eeeb6_5121832.png
268 KB, 473x613
>>1259576
>>1261778
There's a colloquial category for vegetable, and the tomato doesn't fit it. Unlike say, an avocado, it isn't even in a fuzzy area.

The Supreme Court fiated tomatos into vegitables for tax reasons in 1893 via Nix v. Hedden - before then, it had been considered a fruit, and in many areas, remains so.

And yet people still talk about this in ignorance - never doubt your government's ability to warp reality.
>>
Tomatoes are fruit and if you're too retarded to not understand that you should be shot by firing squad tbqh
>>
>>1257281
i get what you're trying to convey here but it didn't make me feel anything. your idea is rooted in logic and fear.
>>
File: 1460058468360.jpg (36 KB, 405x431) Image search: [Google]
1460058468360.jpg
36 KB, 405x431
>>1257205
>I have an interpretation/new theory of QM/GR even though I can't back it up with math
>many worlds interpretation implies that all conceivable possibilities are realized
>dark matter doesn't exist
>holographic principle implies that we are living in a simulation
>string theory is useless
>>
>>1263447
Jesus Christ, this. I understand it sounds like the people who talk about these things in media are spouting off shit they thought of while high, but that's because when they talk about it to media they have to make it entertaining.

Most people struggle as it is to recall the basics of Algebra. It should be a clear why an hour long video of a man with a whiteboard working with Linear Algebra wouldn't be a fucking smash hit on the Discovery Channel
>>
File: Manga_Guide_to_Linear_Algebra.png (339 KB, 492x650) Image search: [Google]
Manga_Guide_to_Linear_Algebra.png
339 KB, 492x650
>>1264090
Fuck you, Linear Algebra is cool.
>>
>>1265044
I have nothing but love for Linear Algebra. That doesn't mean the general populace wants to watch an hour long special on it. Only PBS can get away with such a thing, and even they have to do it when everyone is asleep.
>>
The American Civil War was about slavery among other things.

Tomatoes are literally the fruit of a plant. That's what a fruit is in botany. "Vegetable" is not a scientific term, either.

This image was made by someone on mount stupid.
>>
>>1265075
The civil war thing is an edit, the original is >>1260487.

The tomato thing is specifically implying that the speaker is unaware that "vegetabe" is an unscientific term, similar to how you cannot say much about the "historical" Amazons.
>>
>>1261796
>Remember to deepthroat your gun for maximum results

This is such shitty advice
>>
>>1260644
>>1260644
Or all people of European descent Caucasian.
>>
File: 1448591143684.png (74 KB, 184x289) Image search: [Google]
1448591143684.png
74 KB, 184x289
>>1265044
>tfw want to write a Manga Guide to Lie Algebra
>can't draw
>>
>>1257231
it's good. It means you won't come off as someone who just spouts off about things they don't know shit about.
>>
>>1257242
The civil war was caused by a varaity of factors, one of wich being slavery, but it was not about slavery.
It was mainly about the violent competition between two very sectionalized parts of a nation, divided upon the rules of governance and the powers of state and federal governments.
>>
>>1257342
*VA Tennesse NC and Arkansas
>>
>>1257253
>This whole board is mount stupid.
Almost every single board on 4chan is mount stupid.
This comment is mount stupid.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.