[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Utilitarianism is common sense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: SAMHARRISCIENCEFUCKYEAH.jpg (399 KB, 3301x2162) Image search: [Google]
SAMHARRISCIENCEFUCKYEAH.jpg
399 KB, 3301x2162
>Utilitarianism is common sense
>>
Well it is.

Please don't tell me you follow virtue ethics in this day and age.
>>
>people attempting to apply a coherent set of laws and rules to human actions

I mean is there literally anything more autistic than this?
>>
>>1256415
Time to donate all your money to increase the total well-being of mankind then.

If you don't, then you're following some sort of virtue ethics...
>>
>>1256415
Virtue ethics is the only tenable ethical system in a universe without God.
>>
>>1256415
Will you kill a man to save the life of two?

We're utilitarianism common sense, the answer to that question would be straightforward, and you know it is not. Many people would argue kill is always bad, regardless of its consequences.

Virtue ethics is not the only alternative to consequentialism.
>>
>>1256448
*were, not we're
>>
>>1256448
Depends on the quality and contributions of the man and the races of the men.

Would I kill two niggers to save a white person? Yes, I would.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.