[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I foolish in believing that Judaism is far more theologically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 250x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 250x279
Am I foolish in believing that Judaism is far more theologically sound and believable, as well as life affirming when compared to Islam and Christianity?
>>
An alleged later revelation, which adds to the pile of contradictions, is not that good of a comparison, a good comparison would be the god of the philosophers (Plato, Aristotle, Plotinus...) or the non-Abrahamic faiths.

As for life-affirming, Judaism is more of a this-world religion and definitely less obsessed with hell, but it still worships the god that commands his prophets to eat human excement in public (Ezekiel 4:12).
>>
>>1252576
Shame that If I don't convert I'll never be part of "the chosen people" , can you get any more racist than that?
>>
>>1252604
That's not the context of Ezekiel 4. There are better ways to criticize OT commands without misrepresentation.
>>
>>1252614
From what I remember Judaism for the most part teaches that all righteous people. Jew or not will receive a place in the world to come.
Yet in Christianity for the most part if you don't become a Christian you spend eternity in hell, I certainly see the latter as being far more exclusive than Judaism.
>>
>>1252620
From the Jewish Study Bible:
>God commands Ezekiel to bake bread using human dung as fuel. When he protests that this is a severe breach of priestly purity, God allows him to use cow's dung, which was used as a fuel, especially when wood was not available.
The moral of the story is that when god commands you to eat human shit, you can haggle with him, and get him to command you to eat bullshit instead (Ezekiel 4:15), and that's a very important lesson of the life-affirming kind.

A religion for people who eat bullshit, from people who eat bullshit.

OP, you can become a Humanistic Jew instead. That's real life-affirming.
>>
>>1252576
It's more consistent I'd say but not really more 'life affirming' necessarily. Each one has its moments of celebrating life, morality and good-neighborliness, and each has its moments of tribal brutality and delerious bronze-age retribution fantasies. If it weren't for Revelations I'd would give the edge out to Christianity. It's a close call. They're all kind of shitty ultimately.
>>
>life affirming
This phrase instantly picks out anyone who speaks it as an idiot
>>
>>1252653
"People will not marry but be like he Angels in heaven"
That's pretty life denying if you ask me, considering you literally lose your gf or wife in order to be cucked by God.
>>
>Do the right thing and become an immortal in paradise

vs

>Do the right thing because it's right
>>
>>1252632
Someone post the verses about the goyim.

And isn't their place in the world to serve the jew?
>>
>>1252692
>Do the right thing because it's right
What does this have to do with Judaism?
>>
>>1252711
God says it's right, so it's right.
>>
>>1252711
Ebin
>>
>>1252652
That's not really eating dung is it though? That sounds more like cooking the bread over burning poo instead of wood which, although admittedly still kinda gross, isn't on quite the same level as eating the shit itself.
>>
>>1252700
http://fathersmanifesto.net/talmudlies.htm

The Talmud supports the enslavement of the goyim, many internet sources on what the Talmud is supposed to contain quote "Simeon Haddarsen, fol. 56-D" as the source, whereas the correct one is Shabbath 32b, here's the quote from the Soncino translation:

>Resh Lakish said: He who is observant of fringes will be privileged to be served by two thousand eight hundred slaves, for it is said, Thus saith the Lord of hosts: In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold, out of all the languages of the nations shall even take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you, etc.

Soncino's commentary adds:

>Zech. VIII, 23, ‘Skirt’ is regarded as referring to the fringe (cf. n. 2.). There are four fringes, and traditionally there are seventy languages: we thus have 70 X 10 X 4 = 2800.

The quote is from the Talmud, not from the Zohar, nor other Kabbalistic texts, nor from Simeon Haddarsen who is a 10th century Bible commentator. It references Zechariah 8:23 with your usual Talmudic interpretation where: "We will go with you" somehow means becoming slaves to the Joo…
>>
>>1252717
>God says
But not all Jews are theists.
>>1252719
I'm seriously asking.
>>
>>1252653
>Each one has its moments of celebrating life, morality and good-neighborliness, and each has its moments of tribal brutality and delerious bronze-age retribution fantasies.
You don't know what life-affirming means.
>>
>>1252743
>But not all Jews are theists.
And those who aren't don't follow the Halakha, like humanistic Jews who can eat bacon.

>>1252730
The Lord said, “Thus shall the people
of Israel eat their bread, unclean

It's unclean by god's own standards (Deuteronomy 23:12–14) and he knows it.

A god that commands you to do what you and he always knew was unclean.
>>
>>1252747
Nothing in Nietzsche's vocabulary is well-defined. His philosophy is a poor tool for analyzing religions. Most of his beliefs about the Greeks have been falsified.
>>
>>1252652
What, exactly, do you believe people used as a sustainable source of cooking fuel, in general, in that era? You think they skipped on down to the local Kroger for some grilling briquettes?

You're really going to freak out, I think, when you grow up and realize what plants are actually "made of", and indeed the actual chemical composition of "meat" to "offal" to "dung". You might not eat again.
>>
Judaism is the only religion I know where the believers actually made a deal with their god
>>
>>1252755
What does the Halakha have to do with what I said?
>>
>>1252755
>The Lord said, “Thus shall the people
of Israel eat their bread, unclean

You're not understanding a couple things about the context of those words. Long story short, you're reading about punishment to Jerusalem for centuries of transgressions against God. There's more to it, but your understanding of it, if you're going to represent yourself as knowledgeable, needs to be something different than "God just told his prophets to eat food cooked over feces!", because that's not it.

If you don't care to understand the entire story, maybe you should shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>1252576
Well maybe you should explain your reasoning, OP.
>>
Abrahamic religions are all fucking shite.
>>
>>1252854
so is whatever you believe in.
>>
>>1252807
>you're reading about punishment to Jerusalem for centuries of transgressions against God.
The same god who is also punishing Ezekiel for no reason, a pious man who can't even be lumped with the rest of the innocent folks whose ancestor happened to be a sinner, because he's a Cohen.

The "sins of the father" mentality is retarded enough, no need to command a twice innocent guy like him to bake on shit.

>>1252770
>What, exactly, do you believe people used as a sustainable source of cooking fuel, in general, in that era?
They used things that they, their religion, and their god did not consider unclean, for fear of punishment.
>>
>>1252870
>something something

cool story, bro. You make decisions for God's will. Whoop de doo for you, narcissist.

>something something not as stupid

Well, they were in the midst of having their entire world destroyed, any possible direct communication with God destroyed, and being sent into slavery exile under a foreign power. I'd say, if there was some fear of punishment, they'd already pressed that boundary a few thousand miles back. You don't have a point. Fuck off.
>>
>>1252576
Not really. There's a reason that Jews lived in Christian lands for about 1500 years and still largely kept their religion and identity.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.