[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I recently watched a documentary about WW1 and I realized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: a028.jpg (46 KB, 518x329) Image search: [Google]
a028.jpg
46 KB, 518x329
so I recently watched a documentary about WW1 and I realized the germans were basically alone against every major nation, they killed like 2 million russians in the east while fighting the brits and the french in the west, then they managed to stir up a revolution in russia to concentrate their forces in the west and would have won the war if the americans hadn't joined. how did they do it? are they really the master race or something?
>>
Nah, they wuz just big country n shieet
>>
>Eternal kraut fucked up everything

No one is surprised
>>
File: astoundingachievement.jpg (15 KB, 112x215) Image search: [Google]
astoundingachievement.jpg
15 KB, 112x215
>>1252323
I remember this kid in middle school who randomly sperged out and managed to trip up another boy and from then on reckoned he was a hardcore gangster or something, but from then on everyone was wary of him so next time he tried it he ended up on the floor with grazed hands going "you fucking asshole" over and over. Whenever I read about Germany and Austria in ww1 for some reason I am reminded of him.
>>
>>1252323
>and I realized the germans were basically alone against every major nation
Yeah. It was
>Germany
>Austria-Hungary
>Ottomans

vs

>France
>Britain
>Russia
>Italy

With a few minor countries on both sides (Bulgaria for the central powers, Romania for the Allies etc.) but you're totally right, Germany was alone!

>they killed like 2 million russians in the east
Considering the "brilliant" Russian strategies as well as how backwards the country was, this is barely an achievement. Even the Finns managed to get a good number of them in WW2, mostly because Russians love throwing men's lives away.

>while fighting the brits and the french in the west
Look up Von Moltke's commentary on the Battle of the Marne. The Germans lost the war there and then.

>>1252335
This too. Their manpower and industry, if we contain it to Europe alone and exclude colonies, were unmatched. Only Russia trumped them in manpower, and only America in both manpower and industry. And of course they had the support of about half of Europe.
>>
>>1252379
that was a dumb story. I hope I wasted your time as well...
>>
File: 1413675408002.png (1 MB, 2048x3612) Image search: [Google]
1413675408002.png
1 MB, 2048x3612
>>1252323
>how did they do it?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.