[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You wake up in Manhattan in 1933. What do you do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 2.jpg (650 KB, 2000x2486) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
650 KB, 2000x2486
You wake up in Manhattan in 1933. What do you do?
>>
>>1251921
scream because i just appeared in Manhattan 83 years ago
>>
>>1251921
walk the streets knowing I wouldn't be mugged
>>
Invest in IBM
>>
buy stawks
>>
Sell a shitload of heroin then flee to Cuba
>>
Go to Germany, kill Hitler take his place and actually win the war.
>>
Kill Hitler
>>
>>1251977
Jew detected
>>
>>1251921
Wait how was the situation for Negros in 1933 New York?
>>
File: huegh.jpg (416 KB, 2423x1433) Image search: [Google]
huegh.jpg
416 KB, 2423x1433
>>1251973
>Go to Germany, kill Hitler take his place and actually win the war.
>>
>>1252052
Like it should be
>>
Masturbate.
>>
>>1251939
this, walk around take in the sights. Go to clubs, drink and listen to music. Drive different cars and go to airshows.
>>
>invest in general motors
>???
>become rich
>buy studio
>play jimi hendrix songs as my own
>fuq boi bussi
>die at 37
>keep a locked chest that will be opened 50 years after my death
>a letter
>"yet fuel cant melt steal beams"
>>
Invest in stocks/property.
>>
become involved in organised crime, join the family and work my way up the ranks
>>
>>1252613
fag
>>
Kill myself as I must surely be in an inception dream.
>>
>>1251921
encourage the killing of negro folk
>>
Try to not get lynched I guess.
>>
>try to buy something
>my cash is considered counterfeit
>store owner calls cops
>go to jail
>>
Cry because I missed out on being able to join the black and tans by a decade and a bit
>>
Kill FDR and Stalin.

Use future knowledge to recover gold from ship wrecks. Invest.
>>
>>1251921
Join the army and get ready to kill krauts.
>>
>>1251939
>>1252608

Hey retards, Manhattan is actually a lot safer now than it was in 1933.
>>
>>1251939
Manhattan 80 years ago was a shithole full of gangs, now it's a gentrified billionaire reservation.
>>
>>1253445
>>1253469

But didn't you know evetything used to be better before feminism and minorities and rock music?
>>
>>1251921
Assassinate all Modernist architects
>>
1933 World Series winner New York Giants
1933 NFL Championship Game winner Chicago Bears
1933 Kentucky Derby winner Brokers Tip

now get rich timetraveller
>>
Get rich off of this guy:

>>1255837

Then buy as much land as humanly possible while knocking up 2 or 3 broads and running for public office
>and that is how an American Dynasty is made
>>
>>1251921

Move to Bearling, and become a German citizen, then join the NSDAP.
>>
File: hitler_approves.png (91 KB, 272x274) Image search: [Google]
hitler_approves.png
91 KB, 272x274
>>1255846
>>
Try to nab a degree in either aeruonautical engineering or physics and then sign up as a military engineer for the u.s.

Go all in on the dow jones industrial average

In 1960 if im not at the tip top, retire and flip securities while storing money in the s&p500 instead of hard assets.

Tell my child to go all in on firms selling sub prime mortgages until 2006, then sell the fuck out
>>
>>1255911
Although going back in time with memory retained is a bigger deal than ww2 happening so id donate myself to science.
>>
>>1251921
Go to Germany and tell Hitler to make sure the Enigma Machine can encode letters as themselves. i.e. a 'g' can be encoded as a 'g'. This very change will make the enigma code virtually unbreakable.

This and numerous pointers on the war effort in general.
>>
feel like I'm actually in america
>>
>>1252052
Not great, but you could at least be mostly undisturbed in Harlem, except for the occasional police riot.
>>
>>1256847
>New York
>1933
More like you're actually in Palermo/Hong Kong/Poland
>>
>>1256885

as long as modern conventions like safe spaces, mansplaining, and so forth are more than 80 years away from me I will be happy
>>
>>1256918

>i was born in le wrong generation

>>>/youtube/
>>
>>1256924

oh, I'm quite comfortably in my generation, only it's the generation around me that's turned to rubbish
>>
>>1251921
buy a spring field 1903, Find a book depository and shoot FDR
>>
>>1251921
Rat out germany ( i am german myself) giving the allies all the essential shit they need to know when the time is ripe. Get rich of Sport bets and after that invest my money. After the war return to germany,give them ebin Hightech knock up bitches and establish a great family with my riches..
>>
>>1251921
Convince the world to turn against the Soviets
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.